1 2 3
mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
8/16/10 2:45 p.m.

I think I would have used the production headlights from the late Fiat Coupe'. Those were good looking lights

Knurled
Knurled Reader
8/16/10 10:25 p.m.

This is Knurled:

Knurled wrote: That prototype looks like it's about twice as large as the original. This must be the Chrysler influence.

This is Knurled standing corrected:

m4ff3w wrote:

Any questions?

My favorite part of the Stratos: Its shell was a homolgated rollcage.

My least favorite part of the Stratos: You had to be about the size of a Shetland pony's jockey to drive one. I'm built like Wonko the Sane (the Adams character): I'm tall and I gangle. This physical anomaly prevents me from ever sampling such a unique treat such as this.

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
8/16/10 10:29 p.m.

In reply to Knurled:

Yeah, what tricks were employed in the production of the on-track pics and those on the pavers?

At this point I'm not trusting either source.

RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
8/16/10 10:43 p.m.

In reply to oldsaw:

I want to say the cabin roof is wider on the nuovo Stratos than on the OG Stratos, but it could be the perspective of the picture playing tricks on me. Still want. Can't afford. Will cry myself to sleep tonight.

Seriously, though, why can't Lancia/Pininfarina/whoever is building this car make an Alfa Romeo V6-powered version? Alfa and Ferrari are both under the Fiat umbrella, both are Italian so it makes all the right noises, and as others have mentioned here a V6 nuovo Stratos would make an excellent Elise/Exige competitor. And hopefully, like the Elise, suffer enough depreciation to make it affordable for mere mortals to buy one day.

Matt B
Matt B Reader
8/17/10 1:06 a.m.

In reply to RexSeven:

Agreed. Without knowing the details it sounds like an Alfa V6 would be a smarter choice. As cool as a Ferrari V8 sounds, it's bound to drive a limited production car's price into Ferrari territory. Once you do that then the car starts to get compared to some pretty tough competition, and may have a hard time being considered a "success". I guess we'll see.

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam Dork
8/17/10 5:38 p.m.

Update: http://www.autoblog.com/2010/08/17/new-stratos-project-gets-itself-a-website-confirms-ferrari-f430/

Ferrari 430-based, carbon-fiber body, 50:50 weight distro, power-to-weight ratio of 1:5. Woot.

triumph5
triumph5 Reader
8/17/10 5:40 p.m.

In reply to Twin_Cam: Saw that this morning. Proof that money, can, indeed buy a billionaire a bit of happiness.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
F7N6BTFR7yITRyZIvPfi8Sd5HTkAN5pU91N9ROuyvbOzrLAU0TEI6Ktf5GdT4FBH