Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
6/26/15 10:03 a.m.

Going to watch it over lunch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-coK8AK8Hqo&index=1&list=PL12C0C916CECEA3BC

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
6/26/15 10:34 a.m.

I've been reading the RK guys are challenging the Gas Monkey guys and somebody else to a build challenge.

Watch where RK changes an engine out in an auto parts store parking lot. These guys are real where Richard Rawlings could never handle that.

The best line is when they state "we brought Randy Pobst down to our level".

Tyler H
Tyler H SuperDork
6/26/15 11:12 a.m.

"Sorry motorcyclists...the show must go on, so disregard all that ATF we laid down for you."

Cone_Junkie
Cone_Junkie SuperDork
6/26/15 11:49 a.m.

Mighty Car Mods is supposed to be doing something with/versus RoadKill too. Internet car show battles FTW!

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
6/26/15 11:49 a.m.
Datsun310Guy wrote: I've been reading the RK guys are challenging the Gas Monkey guys and somebody else to a build challenge. Watch where RK changes an engine out in an auto parts store parking lot. These guys are real where Richard Rawlings could never handle that. The best line is when they state "we brought Randy Pobst down to our level".

I believe Mighty Car Mods may be in the mix

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku PowerDork
6/26/15 1:07 p.m.

Can't wait to get home and watch this!!

So, what are the chances of GRM starting a web show like these? Do a $500 build every couple months with a guest board member?

echoechoecho
echoechoecho New Reader
6/26/15 1:18 p.m.

I second for a GRM web show!!

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
6/26/15 1:20 p.m.
Do a $500 build every couple months with a guest board member?

I am guaran-friggin-teed to watch that. I'm just not sure how it would make money, and i'll be the first to tell you i am bored to tears and minorly aggravated by the Lincoln Tech stuff they pay the bills with on Hot Rod Garage.

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
6/26/15 2:05 p.m.
echoechoecho wrote: I second for a GRM web show!!

I'd watch that

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
6/26/15 2:23 p.m.
Tyler H wrote: "Sorry motorcyclists...the show must go on, so disregard all that ATF we laid down for you."

That was kinda a dick move. I'm hoping they did something more than just clean their shop.

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel HalfDork
6/26/15 3:11 p.m.

I dont know, you get the feeling they are running out of ideas.

like "oh hey we need an episode this month, lets just drag out the jag, fix SOME of it and we'll pull out the rotsun that we KNOW is damaged and act like we will use it."

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
6/26/15 4:14 p.m.

In reply to Mad_Ratel:

It's a very formula based show, kinda hard to run out of ideas. Finnegan and Freiburger go out and buy some junker they think is cool or build a car at warp speed, try to drive it somewhere, failures occur and hilarity ensues. Run out of funding to go buy stuff on CL, maybe, or run out of space to store all these cars they accumulate, but the show itself is the idea.

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
6/26/15 6:20 p.m.

One thing they did in the last episode that kind of annoyed me was build a car and then spend like 1 minute with it at the dragstrip. I would have enjoyed at least 3-4 minutes of talking about the dragstrip part.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltraDork
6/26/15 7:37 p.m.

Roadkill with me is reaching the point of detox-relapse in terms of need. This was a good fix. Now I have to wait another month.

Maybe project Binky will come along and give me a fix.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
6/26/15 7:50 p.m.
Mad_Ratel wrote: I dont know, you get the feeling they are running out of ideas.

I've seen every episode and I might agree a bit on this point. All that wailing on those new Dodge cars recently had me thinking the same idea.

DCharger68
DCharger68 Reader
6/26/15 8:30 p.m.

In reply to Vigo: Sad thing is my Willys gasser/ratrod project would be a perfect fit. On a side thought, would Jeeprod be the appropriate term for it?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bkKUXY7dYB03Aug19jXac6uMOWzFfOrhT9qfqOiaG9xyL4LTMP0sv0Jf8JDkW9GL