Nitroracer
Nitroracer Dork
5/30/08 12:03 a.m.

A couple weeks ago I was at work when someone made an offer on my ford probe, I wasn't planing on selling the car but I'm always up for something new so I bit and started looking around. Sold the probe yesterday and picked up a 91' miata today :grin: I couldn't resist with all of the good things I have read about them. Its not a short-nosed crank car, needs a pair of tires in the rear, and a new top. It has nearly the same number of miles as my old car and it only cost me about $300 to upgrade :nice: This is my first 'vert, and Im loving rear wheel drive again. Can't complain about the posi-rear or the 29mpg while beating on it today either. Can't wait to drive this thing more.

Out with the old..

In with the new..

Keith
Keith SuperDork
5/30/08 12:21 a.m.

Nice! I like the smurfy ones, it's a good color. You're going to have a lot of fun.

thecameraman
thecameraman None
5/30/08 12:24 a.m.

Makes me kinda miss my 91 but then I remember there's a 97 sitting in the garage with a supercharger on it. :twisted:

Nitroracer
Nitroracer Dork
5/30/08 1:12 a.m.

Of course I find a matching color hardtop on craigslist tonight but don't have the money yet!

neon4891
neon4891 HalfDork
5/30/08 9:10 p.m.

singsla la lalala...watch out for gargamel.

sorry 'bout that, couldn't resist a smuff joke. over all nice score

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/30/08 10:36 p.m.

Didja add it to reader rides yet?

I like the Mariner Blue Miatas, but I think it's just because my first MGB was Tahiti Blue... pretty much the same color.

Wowak
Wowak Dork
5/31/08 2:04 p.m.

The only reason I don't have a blue one myself is because Kara forbade me from getting one the same color as hers. Mariner is definitely my favorite (although I still want a Sunburst yellow one!)

Nitroracer
Nitroracer Dork
6/2/08 10:48 a.m.

Not in the readers rides yet, I have the next two days off and Im cleaning the car from top to bottom. My grey carpet is now black again. Seats came up pretty nice with a steam cleaner too.

Question though, is it just my car or do all NA miata's have really brittle dash trim around the radio? Mine is in about 35 pieces :grin:

pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
6/2/08 11:26 a.m.

Nice move, enjoy the top down!

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
6/2/08 12:36 p.m.

I've never heard of brittle radio trim being a problem, but I may have not got the memo.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
6/2/08 12:47 p.m.

Well,

The price of used dash/stereo bezels is pretty high...so I figure that's the reason. Both of mine have been good though...

Clem

Wowak
Wowak Dork
6/2/08 2:11 p.m.
Nitroracer wrote: Question though, is it just my car or do all NA miata's have really brittle dash trim around the radio? Mine is in about 35 pieces

No, but the rear finish panel (the plastic piece between the taillights that the plate mounts to) IS seriously brittle. Don't take it off.. ever, unless you have a new one handy, or don't mind puttying it back together with epoxy.

billy3esq
billy3esq Dork
6/2/08 4:09 p.m.
Wowak wrote: ... the rear finish panel (the plastic piece between the taillights that the plate mounts to) IS seriously brittle. Don't take it off.. ever, unless you have a new one handy, or don't mind puttying it back together with epoxy.

I saw that somebody (Moss?) is now selling rear finish panels made from some less brittle material.

Wowak
Wowak Dork
6/3/08 3:48 a.m.
billy3esq wrote:
Wowak wrote: ... the rear finish panel (the plastic piece between the taillights that the plate mounts to) IS seriously brittle. Don't take it off.. ever, unless you have a new one handy, or don't mind puttying it back together with epoxy.
I saw that somebody (Moss?) is now selling rear finish panels made from some less brittle material.

Yeah but it still costs as much as a new one from Mazda.

ZOOMiata
ZOOMiata Dork
6/3/08 5:06 a.m.
The price of used dash/stereo bezels is pretty high...so I figure that's the reason. Both of mine have been good though...

Moss sells it, too, for under $80.

wreckerboy
wreckerboy SuperDork
6/3/08 7:42 a.m.

Metalman (who posts here) has got them as well for similar money. Not sure where he gets his from. They are getting harder to come by, so I should probably stock up for both of my cars.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FQVOMFnbqQi0aaMWz0Jm7Ux02zUjd8d6hWpvwEeKniQNNQx1lOHZSnidMQwvbZPi