Jaded
Jaded New Reader
4/8/20 5:20 p.m.

Long-time bookstore buyer and silent forum reader.  After reading the big thread about the impact on GRM last week, I decided to put my money in directly to GRM and bought subs to both mags on April 1.  It's a great community and I love how everyone pulls together.   But - what I'm missing is any ability to look at issues on line. And any useful response to my attempts to connect and find out how to fix this.  I linked my account online and I can see the various issues, but when I try to open them, I get an error message - and it asks for me to sign in (but that doesn't work). I emailed subscriber services but no response.  I posted a message on the subscriber services - no response.  I called the subscription folks and the lady told me that things would eventually update and it would sort out - maybe this week.   I guess I'm a little frustrated that this is so difficult.  I'm not looking for my first issue in the mail - I'm just looking to be able to use what purchased online!  Thanks  

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/8/20 6:05 p.m.

Thank you for the subscription and the support.

When you get a second, please send me a PM with your name and mailing address. I'll have someone sort you out asap.

Thanks.

Jaded
Jaded New Reader
4/8/20 7:22 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

When I try to send a PM, it says I have to be approved by an administrator or wait several days to be able to do that!  I think we are in a circle!  

Slippery (Forum Supporter)
Slippery (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/8/20 7:59 p.m.

In reply to Jaded :

Just a guess, but try dwallens@grassrootsmotorsports.com 

Jaded
Jaded New Reader
4/8/20 8:05 p.m.

In reply to Slippery (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks

Jaded
Jaded New Reader
4/8/20 8:10 p.m.

In reply to Slippery (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks for the suggestion, but email kicked back as wrong address. Oh well.....

Jaded
Jaded New Reader
4/8/20 8:19 p.m.

In reply to JoeyM :

Got it. Thanks very much.

11GTCS
11GTCS New Reader
4/8/20 9:21 p.m.

In reply to JoeyM :

+ 1 on this issue.   No rush but if you could please send me an email as well, I’d appreciate it.  Thanks!

therealpinto
therealpinto Reader
4/9/20 12:25 a.m.

I have the same issues as the first poster... PM to solve that too?

Gustaf

slowbird
slowbird Dork
4/9/20 12:47 a.m.

I've had trouble accessing the digital magazines too. I only subscribed about a week ago, so I figured it was just taking a while to go through.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
4/9/20 12:30 p.m.

Hey guys,

Sorry about that. Something took a dump in our fulfillment house's customer support and login portals, and with most of them working remotely it's been tough getting answers.

If you could, please email Tom@grassrootsmotorsports.com (all of our emails are fname@grassrootsmotorsports.com) and you can help him help them identify the problem. Right now the tech people are giving us "we see API calls so it must be working," even though we are getting these reports it's not. And the more info the better--what links you hit, what error messages you're getting, screen shots, browser, etc. It would be especially, hella helpful if you could let us know the URL of that second sign-in screen, because right now both our fulfillment/subscription folks and the printer (which hosts the actual issues) are claiming it's not theirs. All we know is it's not ours.

Our apologies and grateful thanks for your all's help tracking down this issue.

Margie

slowbird
slowbird Dork
4/9/20 7:39 p.m.

In reply to Marjorie Suddard :

Thanks Margie. I sent screenshots and info about the failing login to Tom just now.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
4/9/20 8:04 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Thanks! That will help us track the issue.

Margie

Jaded
Jaded New Reader
4/10/20 8:57 p.m.

Still not resolved.   Very frustrating.  I was looking forward to relooking at old issues.  

11GTCS
11GTCS New Reader
4/10/20 9:44 p.m.

In reply to Jaded :

Tom replied to me earlier, it’s a vendor issue.  They’re working on it, nothings easy right now.  I’m living the dream in my world as well, they’ll get it for us.  

Jaded
Jaded New Reader
4/10/20 10:02 p.m.

In reply to 11GTCS :

Good to hear that.  I hope their vendor is working this over the weekend - but I bet not!  

Jaded
Jaded New Reader
4/13/20 4:56 p.m.

Update for those of you (like me) that are impacted by this issue. 

Since nothing appears to have changed, I sent an email to Tom, Marjorie et al earlier today to ask status.  Tom replied that it was still being worked and hopefully fixed by the end of the week.  Not great news but better than nothing! 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
grK3hdXdbcOWbz72XkbMiaw2Bms7YbhnOPQErpugNN5CSFII1gymBW7aJTVbTI2U