1 2
racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
1/21/21 10:42 p.m.

MSR-Houston is a nice little club track out in Angleton.  I’ve run there a few times with World Racing League.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
1/22/21 12:06 a.m.
mikedd969 said:

In reply to 03Panther :

Agree.  I just don;;t understand the whole HD culture.  I can;t wrap my head around bolting extra stuff to a motorcycle, adding weight, but not adding any performance advantage.  There seems to be a strong "man jewlery" factor at play, at least that is my best guess.  For me, in a motorcycle, everything comes second to performance, and the lighter the better.  I also just can;t be comfortable with that streched out, feet forward riding position.  I can do it, but I never feel as in control as I do on, say, a Ducati Monster or a Kawasaki Ninja 650.  I maintain that sportbikes, despite their "boy racer" reputation are inherently safer than any other type of road bike, simply because the performance envelope is so much greater.  They can turn more quickly, stop shorter and accelerate more quickly than a big heavy cruiser, in my mind, that makes them safer when ridden with skill and common sense.

Ya gotta change that to the "modern" HD culture! Back when a light motorcycle with a big engine was  not available from any manufactures, the "bobber" started - if it don't make it go fast or stop, cut it off!!! The chopper culture started adding "art" to that theme, and the acid trips got a little crazy! Too many trends since then to keep up with!

Sport bikes are WAY safer - when ridden by someone with some sense. But that is extreamly limited, and sport bikes with lots of power can be very unforgiving. 'Course, those folks shouldn't be on a big heavy cruser, either!

Hope you are settling in well in TX.

Caprigrip
Caprigrip New Reader
1/22/21 12:16 a.m.

I'm not too far away in College Station and come to Houston a decent amount.  Seems like there have been some great suggestions so far.   Just keep us posted on what event you want to go to or we can make a garage time/back roads cruise/meetup happen to welcome you to Texas.  

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
u6oFjAB53ewAUEBSdsOBYhgbMfFIHgyJUQ5e9BrW0o2KrDoaeEFedZ7zyH10LZrI