1 2 3
pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
8/12/10 11:01 a.m.

Or the new model from Ford:

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Reader
8/12/10 11:18 a.m.

I think it's time that carmakers just stop making cars.

Seriously, WTF is this thing supposed to be? Haven't car makers learned yet that these "active lifestyle" road warts don't sell? Someone needs to hit the reset button over at Nissan.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 Reader
8/12/10 11:27 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote: Or the new model from Ford:

WTF?

I hope that's a picture somebody dug up from the 70's!

WilberM3
WilberM3 Reader
8/12/10 11:39 a.m.

aside from the headlight treatment(s?) i kind of like the buldging sides and belt/roof lines. make it rwd with the 6sp and i'd look at one.

PS122
PS122 New Reader
8/12/10 12:30 p.m.

I vote for this as the world's ugliest...

stuart in mn
stuart in mn SuperDork
8/12/10 12:37 p.m.

Wasn't it Bob Lutz who described most new cars on the road today as looking like angry kitchen appliances?

triumph5
triumph5 Reader
8/12/10 12:39 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: Maybe you're missing this: New Mini Model

That should read "How to make an Ugly Mini"

carzan
carzan HalfDork
8/12/10 1:46 p.m.
TJ wrote: If 2 headlights are good 6 must be better. The funny thing is that these will sell like hotcakes if they just get some hamsters to drive them on tv (or something like that).

Hamsters would recognize it as a trap. But, I think the GM and Lincoln things (whatever the hell they are) are both uglier.

4eyes
4eyes HalfDork
8/12/10 2:24 p.m.

Yes the Nissan is ugly, but it's no Azteck. As for the MINI Countryman....I'm in love

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
8/12/10 7:47 p.m.

Stick a 'Little Tykes" sticker on it and paint it an obnoxious primary color.

triumph5
triumph5 Reader
8/12/10 8:03 p.m.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/31/Nissan-Juke-2011-new-york-auto-show-debut-cuv/ More views.

Mikey52_1
Mikey52_1 Reader
8/12/10 8:13 p.m.

Maybe you had to be there, to experience the whole 'new-car vibe' that goes along with the opening pitch, as it were...The Dodge trucks, when they went thru the remodel for '94 (?) were pretty universally panned as UUUGGLLYYY! But now it looks like they were precursors. At lot of todays trucks look like they're based on some version of the redesigned Dodge...Maybe this POS from Nissan will grow on whoever steps up to being the 'first on the block' with it. Personally, I can see where it would grow on you, with the claimed power.

But...It aint'a gonna grow on me, by jingo! That thing is just not long enough on 'purty'...

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 New Reader
8/12/10 8:27 p.m.

It's too bad Hummer went away. Hummer kept getting smaller, and Mini keeps getting bigger. I figured they would meet in the middle with the Mini Continent/Hummer H7.

Wowak
Wowak SuperDork
8/13/10 1:12 a.m.
bravenrace wrote: Kind of looks like a Plecostomus. View With Caution.

That's an insult to Plecostomi everywhere.

MrBenjamonkey
MrBenjamonkey Reader
8/13/10 4:38 a.m.

Not the ugliest car in the world. In fact, I think the top three all come from the same company.

Rodius "Mini"van

Actyon Sports

Kyron

internetautomart
internetautomart SuperDork
8/13/10 8:57 a.m.

I'm an oddball. I personally don't think the Aztek is ugly. I was hoping everyone would and that would drop down to being dirt cheap quickly. Last I checked they were still selling for more than their minivan bodied compatriots.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
8/13/10 10:34 a.m.
CGLockRacer wrote: I think they misspelled the name. It should start with a P.

LAWL

kazoospec
kazoospec New Reader
8/13/10 10:53 a.m.

Sad waste of a potentially decent powertrain. If it proved reliable (I've learned my lesson on buying first year powertrains) and was in something the size/style of the new Focus (or the old Civic hatch), I'd buy one. Nissan blows another potential opportunity to build something interesting.

Jay
Jay Dork
8/13/10 10:53 a.m.
fast_eddie_72 wrote: It's too bad Hummer went away. Hummer kept getting smaller, and Mini keeps getting bigger. I figured they would meet in the middle with the Mini Continent/Hummer H7.

I nominate this for "Say What?"

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
8/13/10 2:34 p.m.
MrBenjamonkey wrote: Not the ugliest car in the world. In fact, I think the top three all come from the same company. Rodius "Mini"van

That one looks like an Aztek with one of those odd ball Pulsar wagon conversion hatches or something. What horrible, horrible lines.

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
8/13/10 2:48 p.m.

I must be weird I like the way the Juke looks...

GPDren
GPDren New Reader
8/13/10 6:43 p.m.

I clicked the link and when I saw the Juke the first thing that popped into my mind is those seriously confused teenagers with too many facial piercings and too much gell in their hair. You know, the "Look at me, I'm different and I want attention!" look.

triumph5
triumph5 Reader
8/13/10 7:08 p.m.
kazoospec wrote: Sad waste of a potentially decent powertrain. If it proved reliable (I've learned my lesson on buying first year powertrains) and was in something the size/style of the new Focus (or the old Civic hatch), I'd buy one. Nissan blows another potential opportunity to build something interesting.

Agreed. That was the first thing I thought after the pics. put it in a nice lite 4 seater sedan, 2wd, they'd have to beat back the customers.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed HalfDork
8/13/10 8:20 p.m.
PS122 wrote: I vote for this as the world's ugliest...

Amen brother!! Ford seems to be on a roll but everytime I see one of those I can't help but think how did it go so wrong? As for the Juke, I kinda like it but then I kinda like the Cube too. I am digging that pic of the Mini Countryman also. That GM thing is hideous!! The more things change the more they stay the same.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Reader
8/13/10 11:36 p.m.

I blame the French. As usual.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZAqU8vkt6jJGNiPxY63msgTfUckEJmbTA6bHFtMk6l2WxWzlIRX8f2kZLA3CbqDL