1 2 3
GCrites80s
GCrites80s HalfDork
12/14/20 10:04 a.m.

^That reminds me of a series of street races I saw years ago. These Camaro guys were running against a Terminator and they knew that the Terminators can heat soak badly due to the supercharger if you run them hard for too long but the Terminator owner didn't. So the Camaro guys kept making the Terminator run them over and over until it started slowing way down then went into limp mode. They let the Terminator guy win a few times early on too in order to build his confidence then took all his money at the end.

java230
java230 UberDork
3/4/21 1:25 p.m.

OK who got the ride along in the 918 wearing the GRM shirt??

https://youtu.be/BgHbIw3jzOo?t=859

Papabear
Papabear Reader
3/4/21 6:39 p.m.

In reply to java230 :

I watched the end this morning and saw that too.

ojannen
ojannen Reader
3/5/21 9:21 a.m.

The guy in the ridealong was a north Florida autocrosser.  He is pretty quick with a nationals trophy a few years ago.  I am not sure what he was doing in Miami at the time.

Those last couple of episodes really felt like a contractual obligation to get videos out by the end of February.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/5/21 9:34 a.m.

I skipped through #9 and watched maybe 1 min of it.  No new content, no new cars.  The cars that were there were all from the east coast part of the series, and 2 of the 3 didn't survive hot-lapping.  We know a stock C7 bested 2 of those cars already... so now a hypercar comparison?  Werid.

To me this felt a bit like a "well, this didn't work out that well, lets get this over with somehow and never speak of it again"

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/5/21 11:25 a.m.

Yeah this one fizzled out hard. The whole west coast shootout basically didn't happen because so many cars broke, and then they didn't even get the one surviving car to the finals. It was a good idea, but clearly the production wasn't... sorted.

dps214
dps214 HalfDork
3/5/21 1:20 p.m.

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

The last two episodes I also found more cringy than the others, honestly more like I would have excepted given the hosts. I wanted to reach through the screen and punch Matt farrah every time he called the viper's toyo rr s "drag slicks". I mean they do suck but they're not drag tires. And the moment of rob saying "40 tread wear, that's not what you want" or whatever literally almost made me stop watching.

That all said, the Porsche was definitely the best all around car and was actually pretty well sorted by the end of it all.

NorseDave
NorseDave Reader
3/5/21 1:31 p.m.

This whole thing was the opposite of sorted.

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ SuperDork
3/5/21 6:45 p.m.

My favorite YouTube channel is Vice Grip Garage.  That guys goes on Roadkillesque missions without Roadkill's support crew.  Just a guy with a camera on a stick flying 800 miles from home, getting some old rusty hulk running and driving it home.  Sometimes he makes it.  Sometimes he doesn't.  

here's a sample:

https://youtu.be/fhpA1uT8W28

I find that dry Minnesota sense of humor to be rather funny.

RichardSIA
RichardSIA Dork
9/11/21 10:42 p.m.

Just our of curiosity I visited the Sorted site, it is still up but no sign of new activity.
Looks like it "Crashed and burned" at only one season.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
9/11/21 11:34 p.m.

Here, something good to watch instead:

John Ficarra needs his own show.

RichardSIA
RichardSIA Dork
9/12/21 12:29 a.m.

Saw that video before but worth watching again.
Funny how the movie skipped over that race too.

Byrneon27
Byrneon27 Reader
9/12/21 7:21 a.m.
RichardSIA said:

Just our of curiosity I visited the Sorted site, it is still up but no sign of new activity.
Looks like it "Crashed and burned" at only one season.

I submitted an application for season 2 months ago got a vague response and haven't heard anything since. 

It was a good idea let down by poor production and a difficult to understand decision to not hand a deserve win to a massive underdog

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
9/12/21 4:05 p.m.
RichardSIA said:

Saw that video before but worth watching again.
Funny how the movie skipped over that race too.

Nobody except weirdos like us want to watch "Ford and Ferrari get beaten by some privateers".

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hoVQsObLqgmbRffRKLeW9iTdGIVaMjZYafcAZHkFP8IZvX6HMv5Cjc8gRNoGzZkW