1 2 3
Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
4/20/10 9:18 p.m.

Our buddy Steven Cole Smith keeps bugging us to get a Lemons or ChumpCar. He keeps sending links and finally we bit on one. We couldn't resist a 86 Lincoln Mk VII all set up for street stock racing. We bought the car for $500 and the trailer it came on for $600. http://www.karnac.org/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1271555022/

Actually kind of cool version of Fox Mustang with sought after disc brake rear end. Cage is the worst I have ever seen, but other than that is seems pretty well put together. Came with six new wheels and fairly new tires, new Kirkey seat, new window net etc.Car started instantly and ran well and seems to have new water pump, hoses, brake pads etc.

Would also make a great Kumho $2010 Challenge car. Too bad I can't enter our own event.

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
4/20/10 9:21 p.m.

Welcome back to the dork side Tim.

RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
4/20/10 9:28 p.m.

So, what's the over-under on B.S. Laps for this car?

Congrats on the purchase!

P71
P71 SuperDork
4/20/10 9:53 p.m.

That's wicked cool

What brand are those tires anyways?

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed HalfDork
4/20/10 9:55 p.m.

Interesting choice.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
4/20/10 9:55 p.m.

FOXXXAY!

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
4/20/10 11:29 p.m.

Awesome. My buddy Josh Russel pilots the red Hot Rod Lincoln Mk VII in the Upper Mid West Lemons races. Once you get rid of the airbag suspension, they do OK , until you blow up the trans that is.

Mental
Mental SuperDork
4/21/10 12:22 a.m.

AWESOME!!! Military deployments and civilian unemployment keep derailing our LeMons efforts, but we got this back in Febuary.

93 MkVIII with coilovers and a Kirkley installed. Why yes, it is the 4 cam 32 valve 4.6. Guy built it on a dare as a track day car and sold it to us on Ebay for $600 to make room for his new ARCA car.

Its your Challenge, can't you enter that beast as exhibition?

mtn
mtn SuperDork
4/21/10 12:39 a.m.

That thing is awesome, can't wait to read about it.

wrenchedexcess
wrenchedexcess New Reader
4/21/10 1:10 a.m.

Cool car, great trailer, what was so bad about the cage?

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT Reader
4/21/10 3:08 a.m.

Congrats, that's a lot of car for the price.

Actually, just how much car is it? Seeing as it is rather, er, extensively gutted, how much does it weigh?

I like the aero front grill but it just doesn't seem like it would cool very well that way...

In any event, I'll be looking forward to some good stories featuring GRM hooliganism!

David

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim Dork
4/21/10 3:33 a.m.

Looks nicely evil, that.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
4/21/10 7:12 a.m.

Yeah, a mobster theme is imminent. Need a volunteer to play the dead body in the trunk. Car came with six of those newish Aero steel wheels with 6 Kendra tires. Fourth have been through just a couple of short events and two are new. There’s probably at least 600 bucks worth of tires and wheels on the car.

I wasn't looking for a Lincoln, but it just seemed like 90% of the work was done and the price was so right and it was only 67 miles from our shop.

As for the cage, my mom could have done a better welding job and I think it is actually made of scraps of muffler pipe. Hella-sweet.

I don’t need the trailer if anyone wants it, make me an offer. I had to buy it, because their is one repair that I need to make to the trailer that made it impossible to take the car off the trailer, so that is why it was a package deal! Yes, I have to fix the back of the trailer where the ramps sit, before I can remove my prize from the trailer.

Too bad the car is so black and sinister looking. I just hate that for crap can racing.

P71
P71 SuperDork
4/21/10 8:33 a.m.

T5 swap! T5 swap! T5 swap!

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
4/21/10 8:47 a.m.

Tim... Pink is the new black.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
4/21/10 8:51 a.m.

I think you need to play up the Lincoln aspect a bit more. Tuxedo Race Suits? Have a fare in the back during the race? A body in the trunk?

Kia_racer
Kia_racer Reader
4/21/10 8:54 a.m.

Nice find. good luck.

barnca
barnca New Reader
4/21/10 9:17 a.m.

trade ya an 83 firebird shell for the trailer.

iceracer
iceracer Dork
4/21/10 10:44 a.m.

Make sure it hasn't been tweaked for left turns only.

GlennS
GlennS Dork
4/21/10 11:01 a.m.

the rust along the bottom of the cage is confidence inspiring.... im sure its just surface..?

skruffy
skruffy Dork
4/21/10 2:09 p.m.

Yikes, I hope job 1 is cutting that deathtrap cage out of there. I can't imagine that thing getting through tech anywhere.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Marketing / Club Coordinator
4/21/10 3:19 p.m.

Now with more photos-

Steve and Margie are curious, but Gary seems dubious. Positive camber on the driver's side front wheel is a dead giveaway for a roundy-round racer. Thankfully, we can just drill a new hole on the C-channel block that serves as the upper mount to get a usable alignment. Heck, we could even replace it with an all-new piece of C-channel.

The cage...ummm...sucks a little. We'll be making improvements. The tilt steering wheel works great, though.

ansonivan
ansonivan Reader
4/21/10 8:21 p.m.

Did they hammer the door bars flat where they meet the front upright? Great way to save time on notching :)

Also, is that a Gandhi sticker?

Can we get some burnout pictures?

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
4/21/10 11:09 p.m.

i want

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
4/21/10 11:21 p.m.
ansonivan wrote: Did they hammer the door bars flat where they meet the front upright? Great way to save time on notching :) Also, is that a Gandhi sticker?

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatmas Gandhi

ansonivan wrote: Can we get some burnout pictures?

Yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mN5cMW2Cm4knKWChfOEPqfQXWgTIfNPipfX90uHjlydAdwXmIsQqssXOT4QLPTE7