1 2 3 4
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair SuperDork
4/21/10 11:35 p.m.

i suggest a chin spoiler in the shape of a beard, a top hat for the roof, and it can be the Abraham Lincoln. yes, there's a reason i haven't themed a car since my penske camaro wannabe corvair back in '04.

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
4/21/10 11:39 p.m.

Fake blower, couple of spoilers and some zoomies: Mad Max. The only question is who dresses up as Lord Humungous?

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
4/22/10 4:31 a.m.

yea, I was voting for Lincolns in a Lincoln.

jrw1621
jrw1621 Dork
4/22/10 4:48 a.m.

Paint it green with the number 5 on the side...
Abe Lincoln, 5 Dollar Bill

DrBoost
DrBoost Dork
4/22/10 5:47 a.m.

sweeeet. I like it because I know that if I can home with it my wife would kick me out of bed. That makes it a winner.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH SuperDork
4/22/10 7:59 a.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: i suggest a chin spoiler in the shape of a beard, a top hat for the roof, and it can be the Abraham Lincoln.

+1, and get a horn that plays famous Abe Lincoln quotes

ansonivan
ansonivan Reader
4/22/10 9:47 a.m.

I think this is becoming a bit too silly.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA HalfDork
4/22/10 10:48 a.m.
Tom Heath wrote: The cage...ummm...sucks a little. We'll be making improvements. The tilt steering wheel works great, though.

You mean like ripping it all out and starting from scratch?

alfadriver
alfadriver Dork
4/22/10 12:09 p.m.
Tom Heath wrote: Now with more photos- Steve and Margie are curious, but Gary seems dubious.

Ok, Boss, I mean Margie- what do you REALLY think?

(the next side question- what form of amatuer motorsports has GRM NOT done, now? There can't be many left)

Eric

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
4/22/10 12:21 p.m.

I almost said "Drifting," but then i remembered their hilarious illegal Corolla. Whatever happened to that thing? That car was amazing and awesome.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
4/22/10 12:48 p.m.
alfadriver wrote: Ok, Boss, I mean Margie- what do you REALLY think? Eric

I think it's silly. And kind of cool. I want to cover it with fur, add a tail and call it a Lincoon, but that also has some extremely negative connotations I'd rather avoid. So I'm okay with Lincolns in a Lincoln.

Margie

Carson
Carson Dork
4/22/10 12:58 p.m.

I think you should cover it in Lincoln Logs complete with functioning chimney.

Carson
Carson Dork
4/22/10 1:06 p.m.

Also, did you say, "Abe Lincoln?"

Jay
Jay Dork
4/22/10 1:09 p.m.

Get the whole crew to dress as John Wilkes Booth and do your best to kill it.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
4/22/10 1:34 p.m.

In reply to Jay:

Jay FTW. "Assassination Racing: We dont stop till there's a hole in the head."

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
4/22/10 2:07 p.m.

plus 2

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
4/22/10 7:15 p.m.
Jerry From LA wrote:
Tom Heath wrote: The cage...ummm...sucks a little. We'll be making improvements. The tilt steering wheel works great, though.
You mean like ripping it all out and starting from scratch?

Another vote for this. I've seen bigger tubes in my orange juice.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
4/22/10 9:27 p.m.

paint it like Pennies...it's more Grassroots than them fancy $5 billfolds!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/22/10 9:36 p.m.

I have already lobbied for the Abe Lincoln thing. Hopefully no one shows up with a giant John Wilkes Booth.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
4/23/10 7:10 a.m.

As I was explaining the virtues of this wonder car to Margie when she first laid eyes on it, she looked at me and said, yeah, yeah, your are a freaking genius. I don't think she really meant it.

The entire cage has to go, it is made from poorly bent muffler tubing. Other than changing the alignment, getting drunk and coming up with a theme, the car looks to be pretty much ready to go. It came with six newish Kenda matching tires and wheels, and a second new window net. It has a poorly mounted, very small fuel cell. Anyone need this for a Challenge car. We need a 15 gallon tank, not a five gallon tank.

As for the trailer, it will go on RacingJunk.com on Monday and be put in front of our office for sale. First $600 and you can haul mulch, scrap, cars or whatever you want with it.

I would trade something for it, but not a Firebird shell.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x Dork
4/23/10 8:53 a.m.

Stock brakes?

I like all the Lincoln ideas. I was thinking along Carson's line (Lincoln Logs) and doing it up with a wood theme. "Got Wood?" down the side. Dress like lumberjacks. You could go all cartoony on the rear fenders with Yogi and Boo-boo or Woody Woodpecker. That would probably be a bit much with the cartoons.

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT Reader
4/23/10 1:37 p.m.

It would be cool if you could make it re-convertable to circle-track specs. I assume ya'll have some short dirt tracks down there. You can edumacate us all on dirt-tracking, too.

David

81gtv6
81gtv6 HalfDork
4/23/10 2:14 p.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote: In reply to Jay: Jay FTW. "Assassination Racing: We dont stop till there's a hole in the head."

Totally

sachilles
sachilles HalfDork
4/23/10 2:29 p.m.

So that cage passed tech some where? Really? I'm guessing there was no cage rule.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair SuperDork
4/23/10 9:07 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote:
alfadriver wrote: Ok, Boss, I mean Margie- what do you REALLY think? Eric
I think it's silly. And kind of cool. I want to cover it with fur, add a tail and call it a Lincoon, but that also has some extremely negative connotations I'd rather avoid. So I'm okay with Lincolns in a Lincoln. Margie

really? they've got fur and tails down your way? i'm so motherberkeleying sick of living in fear of connotations. perhaps we should change the animal's name to racafricanamerican.

berkeley.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XwNELLlrcat3NrcVSvXjDq1oio3RaNUyJu5RF3bs53xeXSna9ZcK69DNtcyRnfZd