3 4 5 6 7
newold_m (Forum Supporter)
newold_m (Forum Supporter) Reader
4/7/21 1:24 a.m.

No brainer indeed.. However, I can't seem to be able to do it.

Running Safari on iPad and when I enter my credit card info and hit the 'Subscribe to GRM+ Now' at bottom nothing is happening. Well, technically the large button turns into a smaller one but that's about it. Already tried refreshing the pager and entered information twice and got the same result. 

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle SuperDork
4/7/21 6:20 a.m.
newold_m (Forum Supporter) said:

No brainer indeed.. However, I can't seem to be able to do it.

Running Safari on iPad and when I enter my credit card info and hit the 'Subscribe to GRM+ Now' at bottom nothing is happening. Well, technically the large button turns into a smaller one but that's about it. Already tried refreshing the pager and entered information twice and got the same result. 

Did you see the prompt for the billing zip code? (It was very small and I missed it the first time)

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/7/21 6:55 a.m.

It also took a little while, at least on my computer, from the button turning small to something actually completing.

Done. 

Quick question? Is there a way to opt-out of the paper version of the magazine. I'd be happy to just read it online and save y'all the printing and postage. 

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
4/7/21 8:32 a.m.

In reply to Toyman01 (Moderately Supportive Dude) :

Not without a phone call--sorry! Our subscriptions are handled by an outside fulfillment agency, so you'd need to call them at 877-677-6878 and ask them to switch your subscription to digital only.

Margie

paddygarcia
paddygarcia New Reader
4/7/21 10:25 a.m.

Awww, man. I got a receipt that says my head's on straight any my booty body's ready for the GRM+ funk, but nobody can see it. And on mobile I can't log out of the site anymore, just get an error.

Fixed!

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
4/7/21 11:10 a.m.

In reply to newold_m (Forum Supporter) :

Looks like your credit card company won't approve the payment. Maybe give them a call? Or make sure you're entering everything correctly?

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon Dork
4/7/21 1:01 p.m.

I'm in. This is the best car (and non-car) forum on the web.

Tom Suddard
4/7/21 1:34 p.m.

Thanks a ton for all the support, everybody. It's been overwhelming! To the future!

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/7/21 1:42 p.m.

Subscribed to GRM+ and renewed my print subscription for 2 years. Passed on the GRM boxers... for now.

William
William New Reader
4/7/21 2:28 p.m.

I already get both rags digitally, so....

How is this going to be different?

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
4/7/21 2:33 p.m.

In reply to William :

The adds in the forum are gone!  That alone to me makes it worth it.

Shadeux
Shadeux Dork
4/7/21 4:37 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

This is the way. I pay for an add-free experience = Awesome.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
4/7/21 5:13 p.m.

So that you can get a feel for ad free GRM.

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
4/7/21 8:18 p.m.

What a great way to end the patreon support. I had let my print subscription lapse because I was stacking up unread issues that only stayed in one room. I started the digital subscription so I can read the magazine anywhere and it's been awesome. Now I'm getting all the back issues as well? Super! I'm all signed up!

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
4/7/21 11:48 p.m.

The back issues are a big reason I signed up.

newold_m (Forum Supporter)
newold_m (Forum Supporter) Reader
4/8/21 1:32 a.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

I have double checked everything and entered all the fields including the zip code but no luck. It's a card I use all the time so not sure why there will be an issue for this. Anyway, will try again later this week. 

I'm not getting an error or anything obvious. Click on button, it becomes 'smaller' if that makes any sense and that's it. Nothing else happens which is why is was asking if this could be a browser compatibility issue. 

Tom Suddard
4/8/21 9:48 a.m.

Hmm, we've tested your configuration just now and aren't finding any issues. Maybe try a different browser just to be safe?

Marjorie Suddard
4/8/21 9:53 a.m.

Hi Newold, thanks for your patience. Most likely a missing field, since you'd get an error message if your card was declined. Maybe fresh eyes on a fresh day will help--sometimes that's what it takes for me. (Flashback to the Christmas I spent a good hour trying to send overpriced Williams-Sonoma sticky buns to out of state family without success... only to realize the next morning I hadn't checked a box saying I understood it was nonrefundable. And before you mock me too hard: Those sticky buns are damn good.)

Margie

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
4/8/21 10:09 a.m.

Gotta admit, I'm still getting used to not having the banner ad at the top of the screen. I've almost picked the wrong place a few times. But this is a good problem to have! smiley

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UberDork
4/8/21 10:22 a.m.

I'm in.

I get a lot out of GRM. Just like when I volunteered at the last Challenge, I'm happy to have a way to contribute. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
4/8/21 10:30 a.m.

Sold! My paper subscription had lapsed anyway. I may call to remove the paper part as I am running out of places to store old mags. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
4/8/21 9:04 p.m.

PDF magazines, awesome!

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
4/9/21 6:36 a.m.

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

I am pretty die hard (obviously) but am going to skip the boxers as well. Now if they were Boxsters, that would be a different story.

Marjorie Suddard
4/9/21 6:44 a.m.

Welp, there goes that Father's Day idea.

Margie

3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3L9j1lghPgn0MMc2GUvpI5j6h9ELar1lwpAbnqVRpZbx9BbHja17grlN07yGk7bk