vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/2/20 4:28 p.m.

Maybe some don't care, but I've been a reader since Junior high school some time in the early to mid eighties. I've been a Corvette enthusiast since almost my first walking days. It's been a part of my automotive world for a long time. I read the digital edition. It ended with March. It just hit me why I've been getting the latest issues of Hot Rod. I never asked for the change but then my sub was probably from my old AOL account so they made the switch for me. I haz sad. Out of college they were the only car magazine to publish my artwork. Greatest $50 I ever got. And now they're no more. As soon as I saw Tom's post about support I immediately jumped at the Patreon link. This forum means much to me even though we've never met. Vette meant that much to me too. I can't lose you both. The gearhead world has given me so much. Thank you GRM.

And in case you were wondering here is the artwork.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/2/20 4:32 p.m.

I'm surprised it lasted this long. I read it for a long time and it seemed to repeat itself a lot. 

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/2/20 4:43 p.m.
Mndsm said:

I'm surprised it lasted this long. I read it for a long time and it seemed to repeat itself a lot. 

Yes, I would agree. And some of the editing and editorial contact was weak at times. I'm a fan of the D. Randy Riggs era myself. But still it was the biggest Vette mag for a long time.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
4/2/20 4:58 p.m.

Part of the big TEN Publishing purge...all they have left are Hot Rod, Motor Trend and Four Wheeler.  The other discontinued titles included

• 4-Wheel & Off-Road 
  • Automobile 
  • Car Craft 
  • Chevy High Performance 
  • Classic Trucks  
  • Diesel Power 
  • Hot Rod Deluxe  
  • Jp 
  • Lowrider 
  • Mopar Muscle 
  • Muscle Car Review 
  • Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords 
  • Mustang Monthly 
  • Street Rodder 
  • Super Chevy  
  • Super Street 
  • Truck Trend  
  • Truckin’ 
  • Vette

They also sold off 14 adventure sports magazines to the National Enquirer earlier in the year.

Raze (Forum Supporter)
Raze (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/2/20 5:00 p.m.

Sad

Danny Shields
Danny Shields HalfDork
4/3/20 5:55 a.m.

In reply to vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) :

Love your artwork!  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gELXbrj5WKheZosP7dG9u8hyxVoz7Ug0O4UCfwIictHK7iQSb0X9E6C8bWqcEeGT