Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/27/21 10:08 a.m.

Neil Peart's car collection at auction.

Silver, mostly.

JoeTR6
JoeTR6 Dork
6/27/21 10:43 a.m.

Wow, that's 4 of my top five cars right there.  Just missing a MB 300SL Gullwing.  It makes me sad that he's no longer around to enjoy those, but hopefully others will appreciate owning them.

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
6/27/21 11:26 a.m.

Very nice cars.  I always wondered at the inspiration for the "Red Barchetta", if he had a particular car in mind, or just a general sense of 'roadster'.  Ironic, and a bit prophetic now that we approach the projected demise of ICE powered vehicles.

Neil was also an avid motorcyclist.  I wonder if there is a 2 wheeled collection as well...?

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/27/21 11:49 a.m.

In reply to Rodan :

I wondered the same.  I know he had a BMW with about a billion kilometers on it.

bOttOmfeeder
bOttOmfeeder New Reader
6/27/21 3:07 p.m.

The song was inspired by the short story “A Nice Morning Drive,” written by Richard Foster for the November 1973 issue of Road and Track.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/27/21 5:27 p.m.

Murias are so damn sexy. It's such a shame Lamborghini sues everyone who even thinks about building a copy of any of their cars. 

bluebarchetta
bluebarchetta Reader
6/28/21 12:59 p.m.
pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
6/28/21 1:32 p.m.

Another example of how much nicer Cobra's look without the side pipes that adorn many of the big block cars along with most of the replicas.  Just say no to side pipes!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/29/21 1:28 p.m.

In reply to pres589 (djronnebaum) :

Yup, the small-block cars look so good. 

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/29/21 7:59 p.m.

That's a truly brilliant collection. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cvBskUrqqfCVubCzTcEatSJaS7ULzJXTn50a3Azx21IMmN8M6oyX8h9UUkk8afTX