1 2
BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim PowerDork
9/25/12 1:06 p.m.

Someone was looking for a wacky dashboard?

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 UltraDork
9/25/12 1:09 p.m.

That. Is. Awesome. 80s cars are sooooo cooooolllll! Ahhh! I can't stand it!

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam UltraDork
9/25/12 2:46 p.m.
MadScientistMatt wrote:
Trivia question: name another not-so-obscure car that had no stalks and thus a turn signal switch mounted on the gauge surround. It also started its life in the '80s.
Ford Probe. Had a '89 myself; you could definitely tell from the interior design that they'd been thinking "Space Probe".

No kidding, I didn't know about that one. Well, I guess that's 3 cars now, because the one I was thinking of was the Chrysler LeBaron, so I guess we can lump that in with the other Dodges and whatnot. Even into the '90s the LeBaron had the switch on the gauge surround. It confounded a tech I worked with, he was inspecting the car for a state safety inspection and couldn't find the turn signals.

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
9/25/12 3:48 p.m.
Twin_Cam wrote:
MadScientistMatt wrote:
Trivia question: name another not-so-obscure car that had no stalks and thus a turn signal switch mounted on the gauge surround. It also started its life in the '80s.
Ford Probe. Had a '89 myself; you could definitely tell from the interior design that they'd been thinking "Space Probe".
No kidding, I didn't know about that one. Well, I guess that's 3 cars now, because the one I was thinking of was the Chrysler LeBaron, so I guess we can lump that in with the other Dodges and whatnot. Even into the '90s the LeBaron had the switch on the gauge surround. It confounded a tech I worked with, he was inspecting the car for a state safety inspection and couldn't find the turn signals.

Probe was going to be my answer too. Now was it the Probe or a Mistu that the gauge cluster and everything tilted with the column?

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/25/12 3:57 p.m.
BoxheadTim wrote: Someone was looking for a wacky dashboard?

I want one!!!!!

RexSeven
RexSeven SuperDork
9/25/12 5:16 p.m.

My first thought when I saw that dash:

"Use the Force, Luke."

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim PowerDork
9/25/12 6:15 p.m.

It even has a keypad for entering coordinates .

Actually it's a keypad for the factory immobilizer (just in front of the gearlever).

Vigo
Vigo SuperDork
9/25/12 8:38 p.m.
the one I was thinking of was the Chrysler LeBaron,

Has the EXACT same dashboard as the daytonas i mentioned. It was 90 or 91 through 95 that had that dash in lebarons.

driver109x
driver109x HalfDork
9/25/12 9:06 p.m.

Hmmm... I thought those were rwd... maybe the previous gen with the quad headlights?

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
9/26/12 6:16 p.m.

I made an offer of roughly half the BIN, and was shot down. They say they will take no less than $5500 for the car. I think they will be sitting on it a long time at that price.

4g63t
4g63t HalfDork
9/26/12 6:53 p.m.

for the THREE people who want one in the universe he 's on crack

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
9/26/12 7:40 p.m.

^^^ you need to help me fix my 90 Mitsu van!! Are you available to hire for an afternoon of troubleshooting?

petegossett
petegossett UltraDork
9/26/12 7:46 p.m.

Is that a Speak & Spell in front of the gearshift?

Vigo
Vigo SuperDork
9/26/12 10:05 p.m.

I just like that it says DIG IT. I am currently digging it.

claytoncnc
claytoncnc New Reader
9/26/12 11:19 p.m.

Bring back big knobs and buttons on sound systems!

WhiteLX
WhiteLX Reader
9/27/12 1:49 a.m.
16vCorey wrote:
Twin_Cam wrote:
MadScientistMatt wrote:
Probe was going to be my answer too. Now was it the Probe or a Mistu that the gauge cluster and everything tilted with the column?

The entire gauge pod moved with the steering wheel in the probe. My first car was an 89 Probe GL.

Sky_Render
Sky_Render HalfDork
9/27/12 9:58 a.m.

I want that car sooo bad. But I'm not entire sure it's worth $8K.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YI1lbUUXtlXFPwT5CH7YY4SQNIELlk9cQrqnKfAWStrSP6DaeHmf60KTi7bp3U7t