1 2
Vigo
Vigo HalfDork
6/14/10 8:04 p.m.

I feel like power doors are basically an upgraded version of trunk latch motors.. you know, the ones that dont let you close the trunk, and then they close it themselves, until they break?

I guess power doors are a nice feature for the vans because it saves those handicapped-accessible conversion companies from having to do it themselves.

S2
S2 New Reader
6/14/10 9:23 p.m.

Day-am!, I didn't expect this many replies on a people mover!

racinginc215 wrote: Acadia. the ride is beautiful the 6 speed auto is amazing. the seating is very nice and the build quality is excellent. I'd go for the Acadia the Enclave is still more money even used and the Saturn is a lower quality inside. the Acadia we had a loner car for 6 weeks we fell in love with. I wanted to pull the trigger on one but the wife with the 300 SRT8 instead.

It's got a six speed- that must make it a race car! The SRT8 is a nice ride... like the carboy avatar, by the way.

This brings up a question my wife asked last night- the Acadia uses the LY7 3.6L V6 engine and the 6T75 Automatic transmission. What other vehicles come with those and what is their repair history? What's the repair history of the Acadias? Consumer Reports gives them an average with some black marks, but then proceeds to recommend the '10 model. Can't quite figure them out.

The Odyssey got their tranny issues sorted in '05 or '06 apparently, and it sounds like people here have good luck with them if maintained, which is good to hear. I don't have time to work on the project car, and barely my DD ('97 Honda), so I don't want to another to worry about.

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Reader
6/15/10 5:30 a.m.
Vigo wrote: I love me some Odysseys.. I am against buying minivan-like, minivan-based crossovers because buying them legitimizes the idea that taking a minivan and making it slightly less functional so you can change the styling and doors and call it a crossover is a good idea. I think its a BAD idea. I think what would be a GOOD idea is for everyone who hates minivan to get OFF the bandwagon and get over it. They're amazing vehicles. .

Man, if you think that minivans are amazing, you need to get out of the house more. I can't think of anything a minivan could have that is considered "amazing" except the quantity of cup holders.

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Reader
6/15/10 5:42 a.m.
Datsun1500 wrote: Power sliding doors are nice because you can control them with the key fobs. Nice to open the doors when your hands are full.

We have an acadia with the power rear door. Whenever my hands are full, the key fob is in my pocket.

The acadia is a very surprising truck. Coming from 20+ years of having full size pick ups I was expecting it to ride like a truck, but it has a great ride. The Nav is a must in these things. just for the fact that you get a huge screen for the rear view camera.
Ours is loaded except for awd, and there are lots of toys that I didn't want but have grown to love. HUD sounded stupid until you get used to it. The leather seats look great and are very comfortable. I also like the tow package uses the same hitch from my F350 where my neighbors minivan has the same hitch as his yardbug lawn tractor.

Vigo
Vigo HalfDork
6/15/10 9:15 a.m.
Nice to open the doors when your hands are full.

When your hands are full of key fobs?

I can't think of anything a minivan could have that is considered "amazing"

Have you ever loaded one up with more stuff than you can fit in a truck, parked it in a spot no giant truck could get into, enjoyed the car-like ride, relative gas efficiency, ability to sleep in the back in complete comfort on the beach or campsite (UNlike a truck bed), known you got away with something illegal because cops ignore you, etc etc?

Every time the blow off valve goes off in my van, people dont stare straight at me thinking what a hooligan i am, they just spin their heads around trying to figure out where it came from while i cruise right by. If i had enough sheetrock, tools, and materials in the back to remodel a bedroom, all the better.

S2
S2 New Reader
6/15/10 12:10 p.m.

Thanks for the list. Good to hear that you aren't seeing a lot of part shipments on those, although it looks like the oldest ones are 2007 models, so not a long time in the field, but a good history so far. I'll google some of those to see if I see any weird reports.

Timeormoney
Timeormoney New Reader
6/15/10 7:48 p.m.

I drove acadia's off and on for about 9 months while doing a consulting gig.

They are amazing, for an american car. Smooth ride, decent mileage, nice transmission. Lot's and lots of bells and whistles. My boss liked them so much he almost bought one.

Having said all that, 1 drive in Toyota Sienna, and I thought the Sierra was crap. There was that big a difference. The toyota motor rocks, the tranny is smoother and features are just plain ludicrous.

I know the Charleston Toyota dealer is not the greatest; but you owe yourself a drive in one of these before you make the call.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yM9GfkeIHYzM39hyRbMtKx9HjyTfvc9P1n4PIxrLhyiCJ4Sd1l5pLL2C2lX8Urdn