1 2
mattmacklind
mattmacklind SuperDork
8/7/10 10:07 a.m.

Spotted this morning while I picked up my dry cleaning. I love these. There is one other in town that is Army green with all the shovels and attachments. This one looks driven, and there's an aftermarket trans-cooler it looks like behind the grill. Thought I'd share some pics:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
8/7/10 10:16 a.m.

oh my god yes!!

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
8/7/10 10:18 a.m.

I've already warned my wife that there is a M715 in our future. I don't know when, or where, but it will happen.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant HalfDork
8/7/10 10:20 a.m.

Nope. Great truck, but not a great ZAV. Too many handholds for the cling-ons during zombie flattening maneuvers. Besides, it's a soft top - a definite no-no.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/7/10 10:21 a.m.
slantvaliant wrote: Nope. Great truck, but not a great ZAV. Too many handholds for the cling-ons during zombie flattening maneuvers. Besides, it's a soft top - a definite no-no.

Plus, is the soft top an asset or a liability? Maybe it's a better scout vehicle.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/7/10 12:11 p.m.

230 hurricane six...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
8/7/10 1:31 p.m.

do you want your precious cargo out back in a bed? I think a grand wagoneer would be a better ZAV as you can load the back with munitions and food... rolling zed killer.

z31maniac
z31maniac Dork
8/7/10 1:33 p.m.

The wife WANTS a ZAV so bad.

But I agree on a Grand Wagoneer, remember my grandfather had one when I was a little kid, such a cool vehicle.

doc_speeder
doc_speeder Reader
8/7/10 2:33 p.m.

Sorry for the stupid question. What is ZAV???

asterisk
asterisk New Reader
8/7/10 3:39 p.m.

The telltale oil slick/bio hazard on the ground below it reminds me of the Wagoneer we had and the milk crate of fluids that accompanied it everywhere.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro Dork
8/7/10 3:43 p.m.

Zombie Apocalypse Vehicle..

Even though there are downsides to the soft top, it would make it easier for your passenger to get to the back in order to operate the .50 cal

Shawn

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
8/7/10 3:43 p.m.
doc_speeder wrote: Sorry for the stupid question. What is ZAV???

Zombie Apocalypse Vehicle

Raze
Raze HalfDork
8/7/10 6:01 p.m.

it's only appropriate if Earl Bassett's in the driver's seat with a truck bed load of dynamite

VanillaSky
VanillaSky HalfDork
8/7/10 8:33 p.m.

In reply to Raze:

Yeah, I don't seem to remember that truck faring too well in the movie.

Marty!
Marty! Dork
8/7/10 9:55 p.m.

Is it me or does anybody else feel like the whole Zombies thing 15 minutes of fame ran out like 20 minutes ago?

slantvaliant
slantvaliant HalfDork
8/7/10 10:27 p.m.

Obviously, Marty has turned.

VanillaSky
VanillaSky HalfDork
8/7/10 10:49 p.m.

It's okay. Marty keeps setting himself on fire. He's no real threat.

novaderrik
novaderrik Reader
8/8/10 12:37 a.m.

the other day, i passed a convoy of 3 flatbed trucks that each had 3 shiny brand new armored Humvees heading west towards Fargo.. i don't know what Fargo needs with 9 up-armored Humvees, but if there are zombies involved, it would be good to know..

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
8/8/10 7:03 a.m.

Bobbed Deuce -

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
8/9/10 3:44 p.m.

The Dodge Powerwagon with a diesel swap is the ultimate ZAV. Everybody knows that.

Cotton
Cotton HalfDork
8/9/10 3:51 p.m.

This one is near me and they want 65k for it!!!!!!!!!!!! http://nashville.craigslist.org/atq/1862503231.html

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
8/9/10 7:42 p.m.

Close Dave, but what you really need is a mobile Sniper perch!

barnca
barnca Reader
8/9/10 11:20 p.m.

add this to the list.. can power the encampment. http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/1819177102.html

RossD
RossD Dork
8/10/10 7:11 a.m.

In reply to Cotton:

Its only got a Chevy 350 and they want $65k?!?!? WTF! It doesnt even look like the axles are anything special (what no top loading rockwells?) Does military paint really cost that much?

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
8/10/10 7:24 a.m.
RossD wrote: In reply to Cotton: Its only got a Chevy 350 and they want $65k?!?!? WTF! It doesnt even look like the axles are anything special (what no top loading rockwells?) Does military paint really cost that much?

Yeah, that price is insane. For $6,500 it's a good deal. $65,000 is full retard.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
d8OwFEMyntundwt2QfVUoUaTjygMjVuIA0qM1jGnxMixOLCsE2iPMQ3641sc0jF8