1 2 3
DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath Dork
5/12/15 12:52 a.m.

http://www.stanceworks.com/2015/05/a-new-modus-operandi-jason-jakovacs-sr20-swapped-alfa-romeo-2000-gtv/

This is perfection. Holy crap. So much want.

rallymodeller
rallymodeller Reader
5/12/15 2:38 a.m.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that digs banded deep-dish steelies. One of the options for the GTV6 is re-centered ex-CASCAR steel wheels.

bluej
bluej SuperDork
5/12/15 5:14 a.m.

I'm totally with you except for the exposed cooler lines. It's like a huge zit on a model.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
5/12/15 5:16 a.m.
bluej wrote: I'm totally with you except for the exposed cooler lines. It's like a huge zit on a model.

^^^ This. Agreed otherwise.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
5/12/15 5:21 a.m.

+2 on the exposed oil cooler lines,, makes car look unfinished.

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
5/12/15 6:52 a.m.

The car looks good, but I far prefer the GTA/GTAm flares.

chiodos
chiodos Reader
5/12/15 6:53 a.m.

Guess I'm the only one who doesnt like it.. I mean the car itself is pretty, but with an sr and all the fanboy crap it's just another 240sx just with a differnt body

Edit, what alphadriver posted is glorious though.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
5/12/15 6:56 a.m.

In reply to alfadriver:

+1. The screw on plastic flares don't do anything for me anymore. I'd almost rather see a narrower wheel and get the tires back under the fenders.

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
5/12/15 6:56 a.m.

Here's a decent shot of the wheels they were paying hommage to- but they are actually magnesium, and not steel. Special lightweights to the GTA.

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
5/12/15 6:58 a.m.

And the deep alloys that could have been used.

Actually, I really like this car. I sometimes think that my GTV (the racer for sale) could have gone this direction pretty easy.

DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath Dork
5/12/15 7:49 a.m.

I gotta say, I prefer the screw on flares. And the engine swap is cool, too. I've wanted an S2000 powered Alfa since approximately the dawn of time, though, so maybe I'm a vulgarian.

Tyler H
Tyler H SuperDork
5/12/15 7:54 a.m.

It probably needs a rollbar if it needs Momo seats and a ginormous oil cooler. So close to the pin. I blame it on the flat-brimmer generation.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
5/12/15 7:56 a.m.

In reply to alfadriver:

Man, this makes me want to...No, never mind...

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero SuperDork
5/12/15 8:06 a.m.

Oh my yes!!

I kinda like the flares. The engine bay - made me lose focus on what to look at . . . But pretty good overall . . .

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
5/12/15 8:19 a.m.

Where do I get those wheels for the Fiesta?

Kreb
Kreb UltraDork
5/12/15 8:23 a.m.

Oh man, from a strictly aesthetic POV it pushes the right buttons. From a purist POV, not so much. I'd only do that to a car that was so janky that no self-respecting restorer would take it on. Sure wouldn't do it to a nice example.

It's a dangerous way to go. There was an e9 that a local guy modded heavily and once done - nobody wanted it. It wasn't a great performance car, and wasn't really an e9 anymore. Kind of like taking a very beautiful woman and subjecting her to plastic surgery. Could go right, but could go very wrong...

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
5/12/15 8:42 a.m.

+1 on the "perfect except for the oil cooler" comments. SS lines with red/blue fittings is the last kind of line you'd want to show off too.

Edit: Although the guy clearly loves this kind of line for some reason. I'm not sure what that oil cooler's supposed to do anyway, being fully shielded from airflow by the front bumper.

Driven5
Driven5 Dork
5/12/15 8:44 a.m.

In reply to DaewooOfDeath:

At least an S2000 engine is more befitting the car than an SR20.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
5/12/15 8:57 a.m.

Replacing an Alfa motor in an Alfa with something other than an Alfa motor is like replacing the Cummins in a Dodge truck. Why the eff would you do that? It's 90% of the charm.

JacktheRiffer
JacktheRiffer Reader
5/12/15 9:03 a.m.

8/10 would hoon.

Kreb
Kreb UltraDork
5/12/15 9:06 a.m.

The man's from Australia. I'm kind of surprised there isn't a roots supercharger sticking out the hood!

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
5/12/15 9:13 a.m.

So I read the article, and don't get what his point was.

First the fenders- I know they are a matter of taste, but it's interesting to call the GTAm fenders "played out" and chose a generic flair that pretty much everyone is using. As if it is not played out, too. Ok. Just say you like the ones you put on more, and leave it at that.

Second, the enigne- for the money he put in that 300hp engine, you could have put the exact same effort into a TS motor and gotten the same power. Or even into a single spark motor- my freinds easuly made 400hp out of a single plug motor. 500 out of a TS. IMHO, it would be more interesting to not use a "played out engine" as the builder did, and worked hard to do exactly the same thing with an Alfa motor.

Also- lets be honest here- GTV's are worth something. But swapping the motor out like that takes half the value out of the car. Instantly. While it's a very nice job, I don't know anyone who would buy that, vs. a hot rod GTV would sell for $30k in the US- just as it sits with a well warmed over 2.0l.

Cool, sure. Well put togehter, sure. Good that he likes the car.

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
5/12/15 9:16 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote: Where do I get those wheels for the Fiesta?

Same way he did- make them.

They will fit, BTW.

The hard part, really, is that the good replicas are 13" or 14" wheels, and 15" looks really small on the Fiesta.

But you can find the 60's era steel wheels that are 15", and then find some 15" F150 rims to weld them into, and they will fit your Fiesta.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim UltimaDork
5/12/15 9:16 a.m.

While I can appreciate the workmanship, I don't really think all the carbon fiber and the exposed cooler lines suit the car. Plus, I agree with alfadriver - I'd rather see a nicely done TS conversion in it.

Driven5
Driven5 Dork
5/12/15 9:17 a.m.

In reply to alfadriver:

Generally speaking...I agree with you on all accounts.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OSFqe26a6MzQhw1hGGw9fOVqTqygFtQb6DkmRBW0rydRDrXi8uHwimWhVIY2D9N2