1 2 3
The0retical
The0retical Reader
6/12/12 12:06 p.m.
Mazdax605 wrote: How is the back seat of the FR-S? I ask because I only have seen one in person, and that was a couple of weeks ago at the local Toyota dealer when we were dropping off my wife's Sienna for some work. I didn't really get a good look at it though as it was in a garage bay getting prepped for sale, so I could climb all over it like I wanted. I guess it was the first one they got, and it was the white color I would get and a 6 speed manual. I have two younger boys aged 5 and 9 who are pretty small, but growing. Could I put them in the back seat easy enough for shorter trips?

If the driver is 6' like me great, provided you're a double amputee. The front seat actually contacts the back seat.

The back seats are really just there for insurances purposes to make it a 2+2.

NOHOME
NOHOME HalfDork
6/12/12 1:08 p.m.
The0retical wrote:
Mazdax605 wrote: How is the back seat of the FR-S? I ask because I only have seen one in person, and that was a couple of weeks ago at the local Toyota dealer when we were dropping off my wife's Sienna for some work. I didn't really get a good look at it though as it was in a garage bay getting prepped for sale, so I could climb all over it like I wanted. I guess it was the first one they got, and it was the white color I would get and a 6 speed manual. I have two younger boys aged 5 and 9 who are pretty small, but growing. Could I put them in the back seat easy enough for shorter trips?
If the driver is 6' like me great, provided you're a double amputee. The front seat actually contacts the back seat. The back seats are really just there for insurances purposes to make it a 2+2.

I drive my daughter and her friend to school, neithr is unhppy with the seating arrangements. I had my wife back there and while it was judged comfortable, it was not really a place she wanted to e for an hour or so.

The passenger seat can come forward enough to accomodate the rear passenger. Less so on the driver's side.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
6/12/12 2:35 p.m.

I'm 5'8" and was able to sit behind myself......sort of. Like others have said, the back seat isn't designed for humans with legs. A babyseat would work, but once the kid gets a bit older the seat will lose it's usefulness.

FWIW -- Scion claims the car was designed as a 2+2 not for insurance purposes, but to make room for a spare set of wheels and tires. (with the seats folded flat) They claim this was the intent from the start of the project.

The0retical
The0retical Reader
6/12/12 5:06 p.m.
NOHOME wrote:
The0retical wrote:
If the driver is 6' like me great, provided you're a double amputee. The front seat actually contacts the back seat. The back seats are really just there for insurances purposes to make it a 2+2.
I drive my daughter and her friend to school, neithr is unhppy with the seating arrangements. I had my wife back there and while it was judged comfortable, it was not really a place she wanted to e for an hour or so. The passenger seat can come forward enough to accomodate the rear passenger. Less so on the driver's side.

It might have to do with my driving position as well. I looked the space behind the drivers seat after I stepped out of the car and thought "Well good thing it's big enough for a set of track tires because no one I know will fit back there."

It's a good thing that my wife has the attitude that if I don't get to influence what she buys she doesn't get to influence what I buy.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3xdVcJnVWh9aNFh5xhdGkfKwTUF9EuIky4P3i7vLDd4DgDhAiLsrTubiQ4evHISo