Carrera30
Carrera30 New Reader
7/29/09 8:44 p.m.

I probably shouldn't even be posting this, but I found a nice miata listed on CL for a reasonable price that I want to head down to a certain large city in my region to take a look at.

I know there are others of you in my region - is it legitimate to call dibs?

ditchdigger
ditchdigger Reader
7/30/09 12:43 a.m.

It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Go buy it already

Tyler H
Tyler H Dork
7/30/09 6:40 a.m.

No dibs...I dealt with this very issue as a seller of a reasonably priced Miata last weekend.

I told both of the people who wanted the car that the first person to pay me would be the one that got it.

Of course, it probably already sold in the time you spent posting about it.

Carrera30
Carrera30 New Reader
7/30/09 6:49 a.m.

I mean dibs on this list. I don't want any of you leeches stealing the car out from under me!

spitfirebill
spitfirebill Dork
7/30/09 6:52 a.m.

You would rather some OTHER leeches steal it out from under you?

WilD
WilD Reader
7/30/09 8:04 a.m.

A word to the wise. If you ever spot anything you may want to purchase on CL, ebay, or anywhere else on the internet, the worst thing you could possibly do is call attention to it on a forum of similarly minded individuals.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
7/30/09 8:39 a.m.

It's OK to "call dibs" but don't expect that to mean jack.

If it's a good deal, the time spent typing about it or doing anything other than going, with cash in hand, to go look at it, is considered time spent loosing the good deal.

Clem

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
7/30/09 8:56 a.m.

As a seller I would be pissed!

Joey

JmfnB
JmfnB SuperDork
7/30/09 9:03 a.m.
joey48442 wrote: I am a sell out! Joey

I agree, Good to see no one died in the fire.

Carrera30
Carrera30 New Reader
7/30/09 9:15 a.m.

Got it, it's not cool - I'm ok with that. All's fair in love and war and all that happy crappy. Race you to the Miata! I only asked because time is never on my side.

And I mean leeches in the most affectionate way possible. Like the good leeches that get the blood flowing again after a limb is re-attached. Not the bad ones that suck you dry and leave you bleeding out.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
7/30/09 9:49 a.m.

Huh, that is an interesting one!

Carrera30
Carrera30 New Reader
7/30/09 12:36 p.m.

Seriously, you guys are great! I mean no disrespect - whether I need good advice or a good laugh, this is where I turn!

aussiesmg
aussiesmg Dork
7/30/09 5:02 p.m.

You actually listen to advice on this forum, hey dude, I have a bridge in San Francisco..............

Carrera30
Carrera30 New Reader
7/30/09 9:36 p.m.

My own penchant for sarchasm guides me. I just think to my self "What smart a$$ comment would I make to this poor sap trying to solve a legitimate problem?" then I weed through those to find the real good nuggets.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sLzvvQ5yIhuEkheEXu1SvSPNbT0nDbZ6whOUmC7OKOTVDrKPtyGw1QgpSSsH3ajh