Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
9/20/19 8:59 a.m.

I have two cargo carriers. One I bought, the other came with the RV. Neither one is big enough to hold the generator I just bought for the RV. I also have a pile of steel and all the necessary tools to build a awesome carrier to fit the generator and the Segway.

So naturally I went and bought another carrier. I just don't feel like screwing with modifying one of the old ones to fit. 

I feel so lazy now and I'm sure the new one won't be perfect either. 

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
9/20/19 9:05 a.m.

Looks more like a case of The Priorities to me. And I fully support those.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
9/20/19 9:16 a.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim :

Could well be. I have a tendency to spend more time working on things than I do using them. I'm trying to change that trend. 

jmc14
jmc14 Reader
9/20/19 9:20 a.m.

I'm exactly the same way!!

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
9/20/19 9:27 a.m.
Toyman01 said:

In reply to BoxheadTim :

Could well be. I have a tendency to spend more time working on things than I do using them. I'm trying to change that trend. 

I have the same problem.  Trying to get out of that habit, too.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
9/20/19 1:08 p.m.

It took 30 minutes to assemble it and it's actually the prefect size. Et even comes with a ramp to make loading things a little easier. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/20/19 1:21 p.m.
Toyman01 said:

In reply to BoxheadTim :

And this is why I haven't had a project car in a long time. 5 years? I spent so much time in the garage, prepping, getting ready for the track, etc etc.......Just got to be too much for how little I actually go to use the car.

I see nothing wrong with using $$$ to save time. You can always earn more money, you'll never get that time back.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UltraDork
9/20/19 7:36 p.m.

Didn't the RV come with a generator? Most do.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
9/20/19 7:58 p.m.
z31maniac said:
Toyman01 said:

In reply to BoxheadTim :

And this is why I haven't had a project car in a long time. 5 years? I spent so much time in the garage, prepping, getting ready for the track, etc etc.......Just got to be too much for how little I actually go to use the car.

I see nothing wrong with using $$$ to save time. You can always earn more money, you'll never get that time back.

Replace "project car" with house & associated house E36 M3, and I'm 100% with you.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
9/20/19 7:59 p.m.

I have a carrier like that, but I had to modify it so it can carry a beach wheelchair with big balloon tires. HF plus McMaster-Carr FTW. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
9/20/19 8:49 p.m.
wlkelley3 said:

Didn't the RV come with a generator? Most do.

The onboard generator is dead and I haven't messed with it.

secretariata
secretariata SuperDork
9/20/19 9:00 p.m.

Just to be a jerk, why is it "or" in the thread title instead of "and"?   ;)

Floating Doc
Floating Doc SuperDork
9/20/19 10:21 p.m.
secretariata said:

Just to be a jerk, why is it "or" in the thread title instead of "and"?   ;)

Yeah. My reaction was, "Why not both?"

Of course, I was thinking of myself.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
9/21/19 6:33 a.m.

That Segway is so cool!!

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
9/22/19 12:05 p.m.

After a 125 mile round trip, it worked perfectly. Money well spent. 

zordak
zordak Reader
9/23/19 9:41 a.m.

To spend instead of build is wise not lazy. With age comes experience and experience has taught me to only work as hard as I have to and not add to it because I might seem lazy.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XnoQwNWuei46lvV8qdBn39QspmEY7q7wJO6yk6ua2byZkeGU8M4L7hxxfmA30EPO