1 2
bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
4/5/22 2:23 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Hey! I feel assaulted here. But you're probably not wrong.

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo PowerDork
4/5/22 5:01 p.m.
John Welsh said:

This is probably a good place to say more about spectating....

Saturday morning at 8am, cars are broken into groups and they go two laps left and two laps right, on a wet (sprinkler) track.  In theory, your one and only allowed pair of tires are their newest and have their most tread (to help you in the rain.)  

The early running cars (fastest cars) will leave the TireRack as early as 9:00 to drive the 1 hr to Grissom for a autox that starts at 1:00pm. 

we haven't heard anything about this year... but last year TireRack was running the skidpad events differently than in years past:  cars staged at the hotel, and went from there to the pad in '5 car packs' to run the event and then head to the next event;  so as to limit the number of people "on the property".

There's been no discussion if that's still going to be the case this year or not.  If/when we hear something, we'll update here.

BradLTL
BradLTL UltraDork
4/5/22 5:45 p.m.

Speaking of discussion is there a OneLap specific forum somewhere?  Where everyone who is in it (or waiting) can talk?  Or is it just the FB comments section?

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
4/6/22 4:32 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

I was thinking Grissom for a couple of reasons.  

1.  Its closer and the cars will be there later in the day, we will have a 3.5 hour drive.

2.  There is an airplane museum to check out as time allows.

sleepyhead the buffalo
4/6/22 8:12 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

I'll send you an invite... once you accept my request thingy.  There's a questionnaire you have to fill out, and for the "which onelap completed" note that you're on the 2022 waitlist.

apexanimal
apexanimal New Reader
4/8/22 12:24 p.m.

Oh hi...

we'll be doing this year's oloa with a pack of the slowest cars it's seen in a while

and it's going to be the best.

sleepyhead the buffalo
4/8/22 12:35 p.m.
apexanimal said:

Oh hi...

we'll be doing this year's oloa with a pack of the slowest cars it's seen in a while

and it's going to be the best.

How convenient... spacecadet just started the thread for that here:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/sundaecup-invades-one-lap-sleepyhead-mazdeuce-bobzilla-spacecadet-and-others-do-onelap-2022/193378/page1/

BradLTL
BradLTL UltraDork
4/19/22 9:53 a.m.

Officially bowed out of the waiting list today.  I don't think we were going to get off the list anyway, but my dad really needed to schedule some personal things and we couldn't wait past today.

I'm planning on coming out and harassing everyone when the circus comes through Barber's.  You can send me a PM/email if you think you might need some additional support while coming through.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
K42ZFYOfoQHtkfVk6sGRzxJQPsUniNI3OxZFe8IW7Fq2rgf0ER0OTotac24CIrFj