1 2
spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/20/22 9:39 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

In reply to John Welsh :

That the one that bent all the wheels? 

Yes, that was the one that bent all 4 wheels by the end of the week.

jmc14
jmc14 HalfDork
4/20/22 2:37 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

The upside of running Ruby is that any rain would keep you awake :)

:)

Years ago I drove Ruby from NH to Gateway International Raceway (near St Louis) for an event called "Run n Gun". (Timed road racing, drag racing, and autocross) I went through the remnants of a hurricane.  Visibility was terrible for a good part of the trip.  Water filled the cockpit.  I removed the upholstery and drilled holes in the floor.  At one point I was trying to keep up with my support vehicle and hydroplaned.  Very scary going sideways down the freeway. 

I put a ton of miles on Ruby.  Always enjoyed open top driving.  But, I was MUCH younger then!

bgkast:  Good luck with your Midlana build.  I'm sure it will be a blast to drive!

APEowner
APEowner SuperDork
4/20/22 3:19 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

In reply to APEowner :

Also, room for a tuba.

I know that was one of Seth's purchase criteria but I question whether or not that's a benefit on One Lap.  I suppose you could use it to get an earlier run group.  "Send me out whenever you want.  I'm just going to practice my tuba while I wait"

BradLTL
BradLTL UltraDork
4/20/22 3:20 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

In reply to pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) :

I'd second the fast estate approach. 

How about a Mini fast estate?  That was the plan this year, but it didn't pan out for us... so it'll be the entry next year unless there's a lottery win between now and then.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
4/20/22 4:04 p.m.

Dodge Charger Hellcat Widebody Redeye. 

cmcmillin31
cmcmillin31 New Reader
4/21/22 11:26 a.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

If they knew there was an entire sim racing series dedicated to the prep, would that move you up the wait list??  

BradLTL
BradLTL UltraDork
4/21/22 3:15 p.m.
cmcmillin31 said:

In reply to BradLTL :

If they knew there was an entire sim racing series dedicated to the prep, would that move you up the wait list??  

I tried all the bribes and sob stories I could.  Damn people and their ethics.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jnz2fzY5n09PqhFoNZt0VUHc6hdOERrvY8Io9OWkeMZ4r4AVuLz0EkRPV5scOSDE