1 2 3 4
Carson
Carson HalfDork
7/20/09 7:50 a.m.

In reply to petegossett:

I got that picture from the link I posted above, I think it was around page 3. All the other pictures and links for it are now dead.

Steve Chryssos
Steve Chryssos Ad Sales
7/20/09 7:54 a.m.

Flares are making a comback! Or maybe they never went away? Recent budget build by a buddy using only ebay specials and floorsweep parts.

Will
Will Reader
7/20/09 8:04 a.m.

That blue 65 is fantastic. Details?

JFX001
JFX001 Dork
7/20/09 8:44 a.m.

http://www.jbadominator.com/

This was a big time domestic project back in the day, built initially for a mag top speed article. Looks like there are two hatches.

It still makes my nether regions tingle.

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
7/20/09 9:23 a.m.

I would have liked to have seen it with the Capri "bubble back" hatch.. I wonder if it was more aerodynamic?

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
7/20/09 10:15 a.m.
JThw8 wrote: They even make Yugo's sexy

Hey, I know that car!!

DustoffDave
DustoffDave New Reader
7/20/09 11:33 a.m.

Le Flare

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo SuperDork
7/20/09 12:43 p.m.

I'll take 30 pieces of flare....

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH SuperDork
7/20/09 12:45 p.m.
problemaddict wrote: This car may not be news to many, but i just happened upon it on autoblog. Apparently it was just up on ebay for $34k Box flares just RULE.

I gotta say I'm not liking the front. If the curve of the flares continued to meet the front bumper it would look a lot better, but that would need the bumper and headlights to be customized.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab New Reader
7/20/09 12:57 p.m.
Will wrote: That blue 65 is fantastic. Details?

Owner has taken to calling it the Muttstang...

Build thread here: http://www.corner-carvers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39639

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
7/20/09 1:09 p.m.

Still king of the box flare.

Ian F
Ian F HalfDork
7/20/09 1:21 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: I gotta say I'm not liking the front. If the curve of the flares continued to meet the front bumper it would look a lot better, but that would need the bumper and headlights to be customized.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly... Also, there was a "sort-of" race prepped Volvo 1800 on Ebay some years ago that had box flares added to it... they just didn't work on such an otherwise round body.

I will say the Renault R5 Turbo I pass by every day makes me think of cashing in my 401k...

Steve Chryssos
Steve Chryssos Ad Sales
7/20/09 2:33 p.m.
Will wrote: That blue 65 is fantastic. Details?

Lots of build pix here: Mustang pix

Started with a rusted out hulk. Saved the roof skin and built everything else from scratch including perimeter frame. Good guy, too!

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Dork
7/20/09 2:52 p.m.

Joanna: You know what, Stan, if you want me to wear 37 pieces of flair, like your pretty boy over there, Brian, why don't you just make the minimum 37 pieces of flair?

Stan, : Well, I thought I remembered you saying that you wanted to express yourself.

Joanna: Yeah. You know what, yeah, I do. I do want to express myself, okay. And I don't need 37 pieces of flair to do it.

....yeah, a little to the left...yeah

81gtv6
81gtv6 Reader
7/20/09 3:03 p.m.

^ Great movie.

RossD
RossD Reader
7/20/09 3:06 p.m.

Mike Judge is cool. He was Stan in the movie, too.

pete240z
pete240z Dork
7/20/09 4:04 p.m.

these flares are cool too. (google box flares and it comes up)

pete240z
pete240z Dork
7/20/09 4:05 p.m.

here it is.....Datsun 510

Toyman01
Toyman01 HalfDork
7/20/09 4:59 p.m.
pete240z wrote: these flares are cool too. (google box flares and it comes up)

I'll take an order of that without the flares. Thanks...

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter HalfDork
7/20/09 5:08 p.m.
ScottRA21 wrote: Box flares on boxy cars = win. Instantly. But what about rounder cars? Like...say, a 1st Gen Celica?

There's a whole thread on the 1st gen celica board, but you have to be a member to see any of it.

I sniped one pic from there, though:

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter HalfDork
7/20/09 5:20 p.m.

Ooh!

I found the exception that proves the rule!

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo SuperDork
7/20/09 5:50 p.m.

Nope, I still think that is awesome.....

for what it is.

Carson
Carson HalfDork
7/20/09 6:05 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: Joanna: You know what, Stan, if you want me to wear 37 pieces of flair, like your pretty boy over there, Brian, why don't you just make the minimum 37 pieces of flair? Stan, : Well, I thought I remembered you saying that you wanted to express yourself. Joanna: Yeah. You know what, yeah, I do. I do want to express myself, okay. And I don't need 37 pieces of flair to do it. ....yeah, a little to the left...yeah

My wife just informed me this movie is on tonight! On IFC at 8 EST. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
7/20/09 7:13 p.m.

if you are going to show the audi as the "king of box flares" you had best show the rally car that won more championships than anything save the stratos..

the Delta Intergrale

porksboy
porksboy Dork
7/20/09 7:37 p.m.

Anyone got any pics of the Chevy Monza with the flares? Just the thought of that car makes my naughty bits tingle.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DYqpJitD81OURoNFCBtUCGewAEcOqUYVwkrhLOy1uGeCbnQpkSSGTWVyvI80kP2L