1 2
TexasNavy
TexasNavy New Reader
9/23/18 2:35 p.m.

Anyone here have experience with them? I'm guessing they're all show, but I like the look of them on a Magnetic Metallic Focus ST...

Thanks for your input,

Eric

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
9/23/18 4:31 p.m.

Rally wheels are required to be white by international law.

They do look good on a Focus. Add in a desaturated Martini livery and you're the coolest guy in your zip code.

Dave M
Dave M New Reader
9/23/18 4:40 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

I'm a fan of the Sparco Terra wheels.

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=wheelCloseUp&wheelMake=Sparco&wheelModel=Terra&wheelFinish=White+Painted

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
9/23/18 4:52 p.m.

I would love to get a set for my Abarth, but I am leery of wobble bolts

captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
9/23/18 4:55 p.m.

Most of the over the counter wheels OZ sells are cast or "flow formed" you'll definitely want their forged offerings for dirt fun. 

TexasNavy
TexasNavy New Reader
9/23/18 4:58 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

They do look good on a Focus. Add in a desaturated Martini livery and you're the coolest guy in your zip code.

Nice! They come in white, but I'm not ready to start going crazy with colors yet.........

TexasNavy
TexasNavy New Reader
9/23/18 5:04 p.m.

In reply to Dave M :

Hrmm, like those too...

TexasNavy
TexasNavy New Reader
9/23/18 5:04 p.m.
captdownshift said:

Most of the over the counter wheels OZ sells are cast or "flow formed" you'll definitely want their forged offerings for dirt fun. 

That is a very good consideration. Thank you.

Brotus7
Brotus7 HalfDork
9/23/18 5:36 p.m.

They're a good winter look, if nothing else. Have the Sparco version for my GTIs snow tires.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
9/24/18 10:59 a.m.
captdownshift said:

Nothing wrong with flow formed wheels for either track or street, although I can see how you might want to spring for forged if you're planning on particular abuse. I don't think Texas was asking about using the wheels for gravel rally.

TexasNavy
TexasNavy New Reader
9/24/18 11:38 a.m.

I would love to prep for gravel rally, but Focus STs seem to be lacking on good suspension, wheel, and skid plate options. Suppose I should have picked up a FiST instead...?

Either way, you are correct in that I am pretty much driving a commuter street queen, so abuse will be limited to NoVa roads...

fidelity101
fidelity101 UltraDork
9/24/18 12:46 p.m.
TexasNavy said:

I would love to prep for gravel rally, but Focus STs seem to be lacking on good suspension, wheel, and skid plate options. Suppose I should have picked up a FiST instead...?

Either way, you are correct in that I am pretty much driving a commuter street queen, so abuse will be limited to NoVa roads...

they have those options but they are quite pricey for the FiST

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Dork
9/24/18 1:19 p.m.
TexasNavy said:

you'll want that under-body armor for the first time you come across a transmission or concrete block in the middle of 495 or 66... among other "there's too many people up here, and the roads haven't been repaved since the initial 1970's/80's expansion" potholes

Wiscocrashtest
Wiscocrashtest New Reader
9/24/18 1:51 p.m.

I can't remeber who, but someone does make a plate for ST's

Also Rebel Devil has been saying they are making an ST-version of their awesome lift kit but no date has been announced

https://rebeldevilpower.com/index.php/rdc-store0/focus-sport-sub/2012-focus-suspension-gear/product/149507-2012-rebel-devil-customs-lift-kit-3

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
9/24/18 2:46 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

I hear it's part of the UN Security Council charter.........

TexasNavy
TexasNavy New Reader
9/24/18 6:10 p.m.
Wiscocrashtest said:

Also Rebel Devil has been saying they are making an ST-version of their awesome lift kit but no date has been announced

https://rebeldevilpower.com/index.php/rdc-store0/focus-sport-sub/2012-focus-suspension-gear/product/149507-2012-rebel-devil-customs-lift-kit-3

That would be perfect. Why won't anyone take my money!

Stefan
Stefan MegaDork
9/24/18 8:33 p.m.
TexasNavy
TexasNavy New Reader
9/24/18 8:52 p.m.
Stefan said:

Have you seen the new offering from Mountune?

https://www.mountuneusa.com/fifteen52-Integrale-Wheel-Rally-White-Focus-ST-RS-p/intrw-88558-42.htm

Droollllllll.....

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
9/24/18 11:48 p.m.
irish44j said:
Keith Tanner said:

Article 12, section A, sub-paragraph XVII does allow an exemption for gold only if equipped on a World Rally Blue Subaru.

TexasNavy
TexasNavy New Reader
9/25/18 7:12 p.m.
Wiscocrashtest said:

Didn't happen to be "Skid Plate Guy" on FB did it? Looks like he makes a 4mm Aluminum on for FoSTs...

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
9/25/18 7:57 p.m.

Eric, it would be less expensive and more legit to just buy actual rally wheels...BRAID makes a similar style...I coulda told you that, because I plan to get some one of these days (I just rally on stock e30 wheels)...

https://braidusa.com/collections/wheels

Also, every person who actually rallies hates the phrase "rally racing" lol......

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
9/25/18 8:06 p.m.
Javelin said:
irish44j said:
Keith Tanner said:

Article 12, section A, sub-paragraph XVII does allow an exemption for gold only if equipped on a World Rally Blue Subaru.

Funny part is, go to any US rally and a pretty low percentage of cars actually run white wheels....including

SRT USA (Higgins, Pastrana, Lasek...)

and of course....yours truly ;)

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
9/25/18 8:15 p.m.
Wiscocrashtest said:

If that car ^^ is "trying too hard." There are a few cars that come out to our events looking like that, and for the most part people just kind of roll their eyes or quietly make fun of them - and to boot, they usually do very poorly against even stock cars...... Of course, you may not care what other people think, which is cool too, each to his own and I can respect that - but if the goal is to look like a rally car, that one above is basically doing it totally wrong ;) If the goal is to look like a trail rig, that's different.

Actual Focus rally cars (of which there are PLENTY) don't have "lift kits" like that at all. Some have slightly raised suspensions, but most are not far from stock height in truth. And most of them are pretty fast on even the rough stuff.....LMK. I know a couple of these people and can put you in touch - though not sure you want to buy Rigers or Ohlins lol...

Really, rally cars as a general rule do not typically have particularly tall suspensions in most cases. The top cars have a ton of droop, but don't actually sit very tall standing still. Rally isn't rock-crawling (usually) and taller cars don't handle as well, on the road or on stages.

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
9/25/18 8:20 p.m.
TexasNavy said:
Wiscocrashtest said:

Didn't happen to be "Skid Plate Guy" on FB did it? Looks like he makes a 4mm Aluminum on for FoSTs...

He does, and I know him. His name is Chris Murphy (a cousin on one of my best friends, incidentally) and he makes great skids at reasonable prices. Definitely go with him. He may be able to arrange some kind of delivery too, since he runs in the same rallycross circles I do......

TexasNavy
TexasNavy New Reader
9/25/18 8:44 p.m.
irish44j said:
TexasNavy said:
Wiscocrashtest said:

He does, and I know him. His name is Chris Murphy (a cousin on one of my best friends, incidentally) and he makes great skids at reasonable prices. Definitely go with him. He may be able to arrange some kind of delivery too, since he runs in the same rallycross circles I do......

Josh,

Done. I will be buying his stuff. I am less interested in looking like a rally car and more interested in being able to drive like a rally car, whatever look that results in. As long as it looks cool. laugh

I am currently angling with Ohlins to be their Focus ST test case. Will let you know how it goes for me......

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0nKdqsuUmoYPUcWNx1vfihPsjPv9rCgJ9EIfa39bHsMgPOuFzYzf1OvoJmuMDZSM