1 2 3
BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim HalfDork
3/8/10 5:30 a.m.

Porsche Slate Gray?

Luke
Luke SuperDork
3/8/10 5:32 a.m.

Not sure how I missed this thread before. That car rocks! Out-of-fashion green paint and kinda dorky styling = 70s retro cool.

And if that weight figure of 2600lbs is anywhere near accurate, it ought to be an absolute monster with the new engine.

P71
P71 SuperDork
3/8/10 9:07 a.m.

ignorant,

That gray looks like gloss primer!

I'm thinking that dark non-metallic gray dirtybird is painting his T/A has promise. Still doesn't match the green vinyl interior...

2600 might be a tad high actually. I also found out the V8 weighs LESS than the I-6 it's replacing! Add in the aluminum heads, all the fiberglass, and this thing could be in fat Miata range...

STS_ZX2
STS_ZX2 New Reader
3/8/10 10:49 a.m.
pres589 wrote: Torque rating on the WC T5 is something around 300lb/ft. If you're very careful with it and run an open diff in the Model 20 then maybe. I think I'd start brewing up something else. Also, that Model 20 as built isn't very strong either. Woodruff keys do not belong on axle shafts. You probably already know this stuff so I'll leave it at that.

I was thinking along those lines on both too; a T56 is a better idea--albeit a more expensive one...but it be done 'right' the first time. I think Moser makes AMC 20 single piece axles...one way or another, the 20 can be made to work OK. Not sold on the T5--V8 AMCs make alot of torque for their displacement--especially built ones with the dogleg heads.

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/116_0503_amc_brute_engines/index.html

He was my AMC...just a 360/AT...

As for the Hornet--I think Minilite style wheels are the best look and are very appropriate as well. Color--there is only R/W/B! --but I guess with a green interior, that would be kind of awful. I like the 68-69-70 Hunter Green (AMX Color)

Here is dad's Pacer

232 with a Turbo back in the late 70's

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair SuperDork
3/8/10 1:29 p.m.

widened Magnum 500's. sleeper all the way! and how about a two-tone job, with something green on the verticals and something dark grey on the horizontals? ties in the interior color but doesn't overwhelm everyone with OMGreen

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wysfC0zsQ7iPjORjzt1DrN3MOvYfFfIpfcLejezsYLdKeMRdzANS3ojFBO865C6T