1 2
MyMiatas
MyMiatas New Reader
4/27/22 11:52 p.m.
AnthonyGS 

You've convinced me.  I'm going to give it a go.  It'll be next year after mechanical stuff is sorted and my challenge entry competes and sells.  I have a nice clean new fully finished garage to work in.  Once the challenge car is gone, I can put this car in the garage by itself.

My 944 is guards red or india red (same code).  It was originally single stage paint, but was partially repainted in two stage and now that clear is flaking off.  Any recommendations on single vs dual stage?  It's a non-metallic color so my understanding is both are viable.  I'm in TX so I will probably just hit up my local Sherwin Williams store for materials.  I'm looking at 220V single state compressors rated at 10 cfm at 100 psi and 12 cfm at 40 psi.  My understanding is most spray guns are 10-12 cfm at 20 psi, so this too should be okay.  I could get a dual stage compressor but they are double the cost.  

If you are going to paint your very first car. Do it one panel at a time. Pick let say the front fender.  Repair any dents,chips,scratches. Prime the areas that have been repaired. Prep the fender for paint. Mask off the rest of the car with plastic car cover.  As a newbie this would be the better way to go. A whole car with runs is a pain in the ass to sand out and repaint. As far as paint for a Porsche.... Glasurit single stage 21 Line. It is what is on it. Shine last,sprays nice. It may be pricey but that it the only paint I would paint a porsche with. And I have done it.

SkinnyG (Forum Supporter)
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
4/28/22 1:14 a.m.

I'm working up to spraying my '61 Apache this summer.  I intend to make an impromptu "booth" inside my shop.

I sprayed a sway bar for my Hyundai "Angry Accent" with a polyurethane enamel, and despite reasonably new charcoal cans, I didn't feel so good for about three days.  Then I painted a set of widened steelies for it, but outside, and also didn't feel so good after (still wore a charcoal mask).

I recently bought a supplied air system from HERE, which seems like a smart move, especially if I spray again. Or cut concrete. Or that chili-cheese-burrito-enchillada platter. For only $400US ($900CDN, landed), it's hard to say "no" to that when it comes to health.

Dad4204
Dad4204
3/24/24 11:38 a.m.

Or you could do this ! It came out OK for Lemons

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1StdljG2VvigPPnGV5EWtSUaatlI9NGmLAEmDecNTRWH5wvbo1tZjWGGBXSVLR5X