1 2
aussiesmg
aussiesmg Dork
9/3/09 6:32 a.m.
kreb wrote: I wonder how the "cocktail" would work on a locked rotor Wankel?

It would be a disaster, the Acetone would strip all the lubricants from inside the housings, leaving metal seals on metal housings, it would lead to massive wear at least and a seizure at worst. IMHO.

Use Marvel Mystery Oil on the wankel, it works and it's fun, do a search on RX7club.com

scottgib
scottgib New Reader
11/28/11 10:19 p.m.

I now use the home brew acetone/ATF and it is great. Don't smoke around it.

Messy??? Many saved knuckles and no blood leaks.

DrBoost
DrBoost SuperDork
11/28/11 10:32 p.m.

I've used ATF to free a frozded motor but I've always used PB Blaster till about 18 months ago. Now, like the other thread said, I use ZEP and actually tossed a can of PB out a few months ago. Compared to Zep 2000, the PB is dark water. The Zep stays where I spray it so one application will have it working on the rust for as long as it sits, a few days sometimes.

donalson
donalson SuperDork
11/28/11 11:15 p.m.

the thing with ATF is it's dang near free compared to the others... still haven't tried it but this zombie thread has reminded me to give it a shot when I get to play with the suspension.

DrBoost
DrBoost SuperDork
11/29/11 10:28 a.m.

Yeah, it's nearly free, but from my experience, you get what you pay for.

PHeller
PHeller Dork
11/29/11 12:27 p.m.

Will it unstick a seized brake line?

Those are the worst...

DrBoost
DrBoost SuperDork
11/29/11 12:37 p.m.

The Zep got a rusty trans cooler line loose with no problem at all. That's what prompted me to post the other post.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
11/29/11 12:46 p.m.

I would like to see the results of blood (sourced directly from the knuckle) because that is what ends up on all of my stuck bolts.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Bwa5Qc2ldSODAmAA0ZkK2myzPWCqtYzFzrJPLg563X7M5PHdZoVYvHcUjQiSgLPt