SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
3/23/19 4:31 p.m.

So my FIL took possession of his ‘67 Camaro SS. I went and picked it up for him this morning. It’s a numbers matching car, was fully restored a few years ago. 396 w/4-speed. Took it for a run around the block and it’s got a lot of torque, too much for the skinny Coker Firestone Redlines on it. 

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
3/23/19 5:29 p.m.

Nice score

'Murica!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/23/19 5:41 p.m.

In reply to SyntheticBlinkerFluid :

Nice trailer! 

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
3/23/19 5:58 p.m.

"Picked up something fun today", huh?  I thought that level of understatement was an exclusively British thing.  wink

Toebra
Toebra Dork
3/23/19 6:38 p.m.

Wow, that is clean.

The seats out of a later Camaro have head rests and are more comfortable, bolt right in

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
3/23/19 7:00 p.m.
Toebra said:

Wow, that is clean.

The seats out of a later Camaro have head rests and are more comfortable, bolt right in

Maybe if you use the 67 rails.  My 67 was missing everything, and it's a fact that a 79 Firebird seat base isn't even close.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
3/23/19 7:41 p.m.
Toebra said:

Wow, that is clean.

But that isn't original anymore.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
3/23/19 7:47 p.m.

Very cool car.  A buddy of mine used to have a 68 RS/SS.  Really wish I would have bought it when I had the chance.  It was a blast to cruise around in.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
3/23/19 8:28 p.m.
Knurled. said:
Toebra said:

And it looks terrible.

Nice car!  smiley

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
3/23/19 10:16 p.m.
John Welsh said:

In reply to SyntheticBlinkerFluid :

Nice trailer! 

Wish I had one. It’s made life so easy. 

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
3/23/19 10:19 p.m.
stuart in mn said:
Knurled. said:
Toebra said:

And it looks terrible.

Nice car!  smiley

Yeah they used the same seats in the ‘68 and ‘69 Corvairs, which I have in my ‘68. They don’t look that good and I don’t think they’re very comfortable. 

outasite
outasite HalfDork
3/24/19 11:38 a.m.

Nice car, yes, the big blocks had plenty of toque.

I had a 68 SS with 350/4 spd, black as well. Sold it to a GI headed for Germany. He planned to drive it and resell before coming stateside.

Toebra
Toebra Dork
3/24/19 1:04 p.m.
Knurled. said:
Toebra said:

Wow, that is clean.

You can swap the seats from a '69 Camaro in and out in about 15 minutes, assuming you don't throw the original seats away.  Less likely to break your neck in a rear end hit with a head rest, and they are better looking seats, IMHO

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon HalfDork
3/24/19 2:04 p.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid said:
stuart in mn said:
Knurled. said:
Toebra said:

And it looks terrible.

Nice car!  smiley

Yeah they used the same seats in the ‘68 and ‘69 Corvairs, which I have in my ‘68. They don’t look that good and I don’t think they’re very comfortable. 

The 66 and prior corvair bucket seats were the same as you got in a chevelle impala or caprice. Wider and more comfortable.

but a very nice purchase. Nothing like a big block.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku UltimaDork
3/25/19 11:11 a.m.

Very cool car. I liked driving my brothers 68.

NGTD
NGTD UberDork
3/25/19 1:37 p.m.

Love the Big Blocks - This car over here features wall-to-wall valve covers!!!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bqQr20FPDHP9qAy2Tv3wTgirx1LSPIWspx5qOOV9HprtmPz3COBmEgwrvA6fA7JV