1 2 3
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UberDork
12/29/21 6:08 p.m.

For years I have lamented the dwindling number of manual transmission cars.  I have also been adamantly against buying a new car because of depreciation.  Well today I put my money where my mouth is.

In today's crazy market used cars are not quite the deal they once were.  I also suspect that we are reaching a pinnacle on internal combustion engine vehicles.  How much longer will I be able to order a lightweight rear wheel drive manual sports car?

Today I ordered a white 2022 BRZ premium 6-Speed.  I went with the premium because I wanted 17 inch wheels and I felt it was a better bargain.  The only option I selected was the auto dimming, compass mirror with homelink.

I paid $28,810.00 for the car after destination.  The price included a $500.00 first responder discount.   They told me to expect delivery in June or July of 2022.

It is going to be a 4th car for me so I expect to only put about 3,000 miles a year on it.  It should hold its value pretty well given the low mileage I intend to put on it.

Not mine obviously, but its the same color...

I am super excited as this is the first new car I have ever ordered.laugh

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
12/29/21 6:10 p.m.

Congratulations!!

Karacticus
Karacticus Dork
12/29/21 6:16 p.m.

Welcome to the Toyota, but not a Toyota family!

CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
12/29/21 6:18 p.m.

Congrats! I've heard great things, sounds like the motor is much better than before. And I thought the rest of the car, including the shifter, was great before.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
12/29/21 7:33 p.m.

Lucky, now all I need to do is convince you to let me enter it as exhibition for the challenge so I can do a fly and drive. 

calteg
calteg Dork
12/29/21 7:35 p.m.

I'm right there with you, for all the reasons you mentioned. Only I'm eyeing the 2022 Civic Si currently

RyanGreener (Forum Supporter)
RyanGreener (Forum Supporter) Reader
12/29/21 7:37 p.m.

Congratulations. I've been keeping an eye on the Toyobaru twins and the Civic Si as my possible next "nice DD".

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
12/29/21 7:49 p.m.

Fortunately I have a 2020 camry from work with free gas that I get to daily.

This BRZ will strictly be for autocross, track days, back road drives etc...  its basically replacing the MR2 i sold earlier this year.

I have a 4x4 titan as well for truck stuff.

And the corvair of course...

jh36
jh36 Dork
12/29/21 8:00 p.m.

Well done!  We can compare notes...my GR86 version is a few weeks out. Congrats!

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
12/29/21 8:04 p.m.

Name change to PimpBRZ? 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
12/29/21 8:20 p.m.

Congrats!

CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
12/29/21 8:37 p.m.

Your Corvair is rolling on DS2s?!?!? 

Now I see why your username is pimpM3!

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
12/29/21 8:44 p.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

Maybe laugh

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
12/29/21 8:45 p.m.

In reply to CyberEric :

Or style 5's

bmw88rider
bmw88rider UltraDork
12/29/21 10:16 p.m.

So what, that's 4 of us so far? Is the twins the new answer? I'll get mine just in time for 5-7" of snow so snow drift break-in.

Congrats. 

jh36
jh36 Dork
12/30/21 5:47 a.m.
bmw88rider said:

So what, that's 4 of us so far? Is the twins the new answer? I'll get mine just in time for 5-7" of snow so snow drift break-in.

Congrats. 

Seems like we are part of a movement?  We should start a group eval thread as they arrive. 

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 PowerDork
12/30/21 7:17 a.m.
calteg said:

I'm right there with you, for all the reasons you mentioned. Only I'm eyeing the 2022 Civic Si currently

I have so many issues with the new Si that it's currently not even on my radar for a replacement to the 2020 Si I just sold. The 2020 Si was essentially a fully loaded Civic Touring with a great six-speed/LSD and sporty seats. Now they went backwards and made it a base spec Civic with that six-speed and raised the MSRP $3k. Not the bargain it used to be IMO. Have you seen the Canadian Si? It's the fully loaded Si we used to get with a cheaper price tag too. 

PimpM3 - Congrats dude! Maybe I'll see you around the CFR events once I finally get back to Orlando in the spring time. I share the same sentiment with you though about the future of being able to buy a manual. I've been researching non-stop for my next car with 3-pedals. I thought I wanted a TLX Type-S or IS 500 F for a daily but the automatics just sucked the fun out of them for me. The GR86/BRZ, new CTR, and Hyundai's N cars are on the radar for me now. Higher end cars would be a C7 or new M2/3/4 but I have a really hard time paying over $40k for a car. 

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
12/30/21 7:50 a.m.

If I wasn't enjoying my 2014 BRZ Limited that I bought on here in July so much, I'd be considering the '22 myself.  But never say never.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
12/30/21 8:50 a.m.

In reply to Jerry :

That turbo would be hard to give up...

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
12/30/21 9:04 a.m.

Congratulations! I'll be following along with your ownership experience. 

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
12/30/21 9:20 a.m.

Nice!  Seems like a pretty reasonable price for a brand new car.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
12/30/21 9:50 a.m.

I am very interested in how you like the engine, and how much it may or may not drop right in to a first generation car.

Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter)
Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) Reader
12/30/21 9:55 a.m.

Congrats! They are fantastic cars and really predictable on track. Easy to slide if you want, easy to keep under you if you want. I got to drive a '22 at Lime Rock over the summer and it. was. so. good. One of few new cars I drove this past year that I would, without hesitation, recommend someone purchase.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
12/30/21 10:43 a.m.

In reply to Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) :

That is great to hear.  I have watched a ton of YouTube videos and the car seems to be universally praised.  I am excited!

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/30/21 10:52 a.m.

Very cool. Looking at an exhibition challenge entry? Nudge nudge

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LbOz5RDLkqQzQV6nWGwtb43GLOKuOGe3z2CSiG6BPWqISev7wQoxMeNSk2jUWYiH