1 2
seeker589
seeker589 Reader
3/16/10 10:45 a.m.

I'm buying a 1994 four door - five speed - non-sunroof Integra. It is ENTIRELY stock - right down to the factory stereo, exhaust and steelies w/hubcaps. An outstanding blank canvas - I would say.

My first question is - Where can I find a nice mellow sounding Cat-back exhaust that doesn't sound like a fart can but says "this guy likes performance".

I'll post pics soon.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
3/16/10 10:49 a.m.

Apexi World Sport 2 exhaust. Sounds GREAT. Nice and quiet during normal driving, and makes BEAUTIFUL noises when you really romp on it.

Bonus points for not looking ridiculous, either.

SillyImportRacer
SillyImportRacer New Reader
3/16/10 11:00 a.m.

+1 that's what i want for my 5th gen Civic.

The Integra enjoys a lot of aftermarket support. That along with Honda's support and reliability should keeper you going until you get bored with the Teg & sell it to some ricer.

Have fun.

oldsaw
oldsaw Dork
3/16/10 11:03 a.m.

Here's a pic of the Apexi installed on a HB:

A less-flashy finish and a smaller diameter tip would help from attracting attention.

Nice score, Seeker; an unmolested sedan has to be a pretty rare find these days.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
3/16/10 11:04 a.m.
oldsaw wrote: Here's a pic of the Apexi installed on a HB: A less-flashy finish and a smaller diameter tip would help from attracting attention. Nice score, Seeker; an unmolested sedan has to be a pretty rare find these days.

Oh my. I'm having naughty thoughts about that car. Hate the wheels, but everything else is just right.

Vigo
Vigo Reader
3/16/10 2:32 p.m.
an unmolested sedan has to be a pretty rare find these days.

Ok i know the 2dr is a little less rare but my mom is selling a NICE unmolested last-year integra that i also think is a rare find these days

Its never even been stolen!

96DXCivic
96DXCivic HalfDork
3/16/10 2:33 p.m.

In reply to 93celicaGT2:

Do they make the Apexi World Sport 2 exhaust for a Civic DX?

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
3/16/10 2:49 p.m.
96DXCivic wrote: In reply to 93celicaGT2: Do they make the Apexi World Sport 2 exhaust for a Civic DX?

I believe so.

skruffy
skruffy Dork
3/16/10 4:11 p.m.

Holy crap that red 'teg is wrinkly down the side.

Duke
Duke SuperDork
3/16/10 4:21 p.m.

That's the first thing I noticed - Holy Door Dings, Batman!

3Door4G
3Door4G Reader
3/16/10 7:16 p.m.

The Magnaflow system on my Civic is a bit loud, but I've definitely heard worse. Not loud at all unless I really get into the throttle. When I do, it still doesn't sound like a weedwhacker or anything.

And it was cheap! Relatively speaking.

seeker589
seeker589 Reader
3/16/10 7:18 p.m.
skruffy wrote: Holy crap that red 'teg is wrinkly down the side.

One thing my car does have is a few wrinkles. In order to keep the weight down - Honda decided on bodywork that was made of an inordinately thin sheet metal.

Given the amount of Hang-around-lean-on-the-car-time these cars go through and a decade or so of shopping mall door dings make a perfectly straight Honda/Acura even rarer.

Thanks for the exhaust suggestion.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey New Reader
3/16/10 7:26 p.m.

Integras are targets for swinging SUV doors. I can't begin to tell you how many dings my DC5 has suffered.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/16/10 7:29 p.m.

I want to build one of these one day...

DaveEstey
DaveEstey New Reader
3/16/10 7:58 p.m.

I'm guessing it's an LS sedan, which means you have the B18B1

* Displacement: 1,834 cc (111.9 cu in)
* Compression: 9.2:1
* Bore: 81 mm (3.2 in)
* Stroke: 89 mm (3.5 in)
* Rod Length: 137.01 mm (5.394")
* Rod/Stroke Ratio: 1.54
* Power: 142 hp (106 kW) @ 6300 rpm & 127 ft·lbf (172 N·m) @ 5200 rpm
* Redline: 6800 rpm
* Rev Limit: 7200 rpm
* Transmission: Y80/S80

Easy to put a GSR head on your block and have what's called an LSVtec, and a very healthy power boost.

seeker589
seeker589 Reader
3/17/10 7:48 a.m.

In reply to DaveEstey:

Yup - It is an LS - guess I left that out. I'm gonna stick with the stock head motor in hopes that I can turn it into a hillclimb/trackday/lapping/IT car in the future.

integraguy
integraguy HalfDork
3/17/10 10:26 a.m.

As a former owner of a 2nd gen. Integra LS sedan, I can say that the 3rd gen sedan, with a manual transmission is rare. Even rarer? One with no mods.

Some/most? of the cat-back systems I looked at for my car were listed by manufacturers as being for the hatchback only, so depending on where you cut, be prepared for some creative modding. A decent CAI will help these cars, if you are adding a cat-back system. As a bonus, with the less restrictive intake and exhaust, you will get better gas mileage.

wbjones
wbjones HalfDork
3/17/10 4:09 p.m.

when I put my '01 LS on the dyno (stock w/ K&N filter) it showed 110 hp at the front wheels.... DC Sport header and back to the dyno ... 121 same time of yr and ~same temp, AIM V2 CAI and the numbers jumped to 131 (torque moved a similar amt) the last run was much later in the summer ... much hotter... YMMV

MCarp22
MCarp22 Reader
3/17/10 4:40 p.m.
A less-flashy finish and a smaller diameter tip would help from attracting attention.

Apexi sells the same basic muffler with a flat black finish called the Noir

digdug18
digdug18 Reader
3/17/10 8:39 p.m.
seeker589 wrote: I'm buying a 1994 four door - five speed - non-sunroof Integra. It is ENTIRELY stock - right down to the factory stereo, exhaust and steelies w/hubcaps. An outstanding blank canvas - I would say. My first question is - Where can I find a nice mellow sounding Cat-back exhaust that doesn't sound like a fart can but says "this guy likes performance". I'll post pics soon.

Why do you want a 4 door? They are heavier then the coupe. I mean if you want to get into racing/hillclimbs then get the lightest car you can. The LS is a good motor, but it doesn't have the aftermarket support of the Vtec engines.

Most people with the LS's either do 1 of 3 things

1. leave it stock and add basic bolt on's

2. Add a Vtec head and go LS-vtec

3. turbo it, its good for 350 hp with a t3/t4 turbo setup, after that you need to start changing things.

For more info, read some of the info at team-integra.net or clubintegra.com

both are excellent sites.

Andrew

gamby
gamby SuperDork
3/17/10 10:23 p.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote: Apexi World Sport 2 exhaust. Sounds GREAT. Nice and quiet during normal driving, and makes BEAUTIFUL noises when you really romp on it.

WS2 is hard to go wrong with.

If you want to spend big money, the Mugen Twin Loop is epic. Quiet around town and on the freeway, like angry Norse gods when in VTEC range.

I just realized the "which exhaust for ______ Honda" has a web staple for 15 years now for me..

seeker589
seeker589 Reader
3/18/10 6:56 a.m.

In reply to digdug18:

I am buying a four door because of family and the fact that my wife seems to think we need four doors. Happy spouse - happy house. I'm not whipped - just smart.

I'm not made of money - it is kinda like -build what you got. Read my signature - that should sum it up for you.

I'm not looking to win any championships or set the world on fire - I just wanna DO it and have fun. I'm 42, I have always wanted this exact car for like 14 years - it came along - I bought it. I also have no delusions that this car is gonna win a time attack championship or what have you. Four door cars are normally more rigid in stock form due to the fact that there are four small holes in the sides and not two big ones. Plus - there is usually an attainable minimum weight requirement that makes the 4 door versus 2 door argument kind of moot.

The four door is about two inches longer in wheelbase which does help stability at high speeds but will hurt rotation at low speeds - like at an autocross.

Who knows - maybe when I get closer to actually DOING it - I may just buy a two door or Civic or Prelude and build a racecar out of that.

Nothing is carved in stone.

ZOO
ZOO Dork
3/18/10 7:03 a.m.

I like 4 door Integras, too. Here's what I found about wieghts:

Sedan: 2,628 Hatch: 2,529

99 pound difference.

seeker589
seeker589 Reader
3/18/10 7:03 a.m.

I would REALLY like to thank everyone for your input!

I love this board!

seeker589
seeker589 Reader
3/18/10 7:05 a.m.

In reply to ZOO:

I think it is less than 100lbs difference. Plus the lack of sunroof may just off-set the weight of a sunroof in a two-door due to the slightly higher center of gravity.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FaENMmNrpQOUTTQaLh17mkm2WcpEZwqneEFdk38hJBaB7C9nnC8UYE24HTfE3fqm