1 2
Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
9/18/19 1:33 p.m.

Yes

EDT
EDT Reader
9/18/19 1:57 p.m.

The 2.0 turbo manifold from a GM or Saab bolts onto the 2.4 and there are convenient oiling options already built into the block. A turbo is just as easy to add as a supercharger and has more potential in my opinion. But NA is the way to go for budget racing. 

RossD
RossD MegaDork
9/21/19 10:21 a.m.
Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
9/22/19 12:07 p.m.

This one will be staying mostly stock.

For now...

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
9/22/19 2:46 p.m.

You should be able to run it without a BCM, since you don't care about the things it needs a BCM for, and I'm fairly certain you can disable the anti theft with HP Tuner.

The plug to the firewall is what connects the engine harness to the rest of the car, for boring things like the network that you won't be using, the accelerator pedal that you will be using, the fuel level sender and evap solenoids you won't be using...

The big guy going to the fuse box is going to be relatively simple.  The orange wires get constant 12v positive, the pink wires get switched ignition.  Somewhere in there is going to be the starter relay and the fuel pump relay/outputs, as well as the fan relays.  Fortunately, GM has diagrams that say exactly what circuit is what on that panel (they internally label wires with a 3 or 4 digit code, not just "PNK" or "GRN/WHT" - which is good, as there's going to be a huge mass of PNK going to that box...)

For some reason, I'm thinking that the fuse box is also the BCM on the Solstice.  I haven't dealt with one but I observed someone's ongoing swap of an LS3 into a Solstice retaining 100% OEM functionality, and there was a lot of swapping bits around in the GM parts bin to make it work due to differing protocols.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
9/23/19 5:58 a.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Great info, thanks!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dnA0YgHwxj5Cx9btIInqTlSv9Tgtix9HagefBiXJS9Ui4bKpwMvXu1gw8hfH0A11