3 4 5 6 7
kingofkrunk
kingofkrunk New Reader
6/19/09 11:35 a.m.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/06/16/officially-official-koenigsegg-reaches-agreement-to-buy-saab/

well its official!!!!!!

a new saab platform will emerge for the 9-5 this year, and within a few years the 9-3 will change platforms as well

saabs crossover is coming out soon as well

snipes
snipes New Reader
7/14/09 3:14 p.m.

Ok I started this thread to get me moving on on the Saab. Now after getting the car running, this happens. At least the person was honest and left their insurance info. So the car needed to be painted anyway so it will happen now.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado HalfDork
7/14/09 10:14 p.m.

In reply to snipes:

OUCH! Be careful about the insurance, though. They're going to want to total it, because to buisiness school folks, it's just an "old car". I got hit in the Golf a year and a half ago, and ended up just paying for it out of my own pocket to keep a clean title. I ended up not getting a dime from the woman that hit me.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Reader
7/15/09 7:31 a.m.

Also in reply to snipes:

OTOH since the person was nice enough to leave thier info, maybee you could contact them and get them to pay out of pocket to avoid the hit on thier insurance record.

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
7/15/09 8:33 a.m.

yes, good luck!

Those pics make me want to get rid of my NG and get an SPG so bad

HappyAndy
HappyAndy HalfDork
12/31/09 4:47 p.m.
93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
12/31/09 6:14 p.m.

Warning... MOVING pictures.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Saab900AeroDiketHI_33879.htm

plance1
plance1 HalfDork
12/31/09 8:28 p.m.

Are these photos pointless enough?

Matt B
Matt B Reader
1/1/10 3:42 p.m.

In reply to HappyAndy:

And on to the next low-volume Scandinavian supercar manufacturer! Well, it's good news for now. I was getting kinda depressed about losing Pontiac, Saab, and even Saturn (love the Sky) in one fell swoop.

snipes
snipes Reader
2/24/10 10:25 a.m.

Well you guy saw the damage that was done to my Saab when the neighbor backed into it (pictures above). And I have been sad about it for months. Well I have finally started working on a solution. My friend Joel Barber of Barber Race Works hired a young new painter that can work within the budget of the insurance check. I am adding a little money and having the whole car sprayed. I am very excited to have the old car looking good again.

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
2/24/10 12:49 p.m.

I love me some classic 900... I am intending on ditching my NG this year and finding a REAL 900

MiatarPowar
MiatarPowar HalfDork
2/24/10 1:22 p.m.

That's excellent news, snipes! I'm glad to hear it is getting fixed, and I hope to see it at Carlisle.

This is my Sonett III. It's a sweet fiberglass body set atop a pile of rust.

It was parked in 1984 when the owner got frustrated when the headliner fell on his head in traffic one afternoon. He had the transmission completely rebuilt by a dealership (I have the records) a couple hundred miles before it was parked. It was uncovered in a driveway in Indiana for twenty five years. As the window and hatch seals shrank, more and more water got in. The car is probably beyond saving now, sadly, but it looks damn cool sitting beside my garage. It'll probably donate some parts to my not-yet-started 95 restoration project, and I'll keep the body around for some twisted future project.

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
2/24/10 2:20 p.m.

that Sonett on a tube chassis would be sweet. It on my "list"

modernbeat
modernbeat HalfDork
3/28/11 1:24 p.m.

Our 1963 Rally SAAB completed the Roxton Rallye de Paris with no major issues. Some more tuning and we'll be good to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O88wAMY1wb4

procainestart
procainestart Dork
3/28/11 3:45 p.m.

Sweet sweet sweet

Bullnose FTW!

imirk
imirk Reader
3/28/11 5:22 p.m.

That is one butch looking Saab.

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
3/28/11 6:47 p.m.

rally saab for the win.. I hope under their new owners SAAB gets back to Rallying

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
4/22/15 8:07 a.m.

Resurrecting this zombie thread as I need a Mojo boost.
My Saab’s been in the garage for so long that I’m having a crisis of faith. It’s now running, but I need to put it back together, then I need an interior and a suspension re-fresh then wheels and tires. I bought it to rallycross/TSD/Autocorss etc. and I’ve never done any of those things. Do I really want it when finished or do I need to get something else. Come on faithful, inspire me, inject confidence in my soul. Post pictures of 99’s and Classic 900’s to make me weep with anticipation and create a want so strong I end up sleeping on the couch as punishment for spending too much time in the garage. Go to it boys and girls.

My car last night

Adrian_Thompson
4/22/15 8:52 a.m.

Come on, help me out. I need inspiration

Adrian_Thompson
4/22/15 8:53 a.m.

Adrian_Thompson
4/22/15 8:53 a.m.

Adrian_Thompson
4/22/15 8:54 a.m.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit UberDork
4/22/15 8:58 a.m.

If you get too fed up let me know.

Adrian_Thompson
4/22/15 9:02 a.m.

In reply to Rusted_Busted_Spit:

Thanks for chiming in. I'm glad your car got repaired. What have you done to it. Way nice than mine will ever be.

t25torx
t25torx HalfDork
4/22/15 9:10 a.m.

I'll add my '96 9000 CSE to this party!

At the Tail of the Dragon, before I got the Aero Wheels.

3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mdizf5V1ihQ1kEbnwyspiycym3ZnVoQHrYLbx4dTxgUp4rutfjp3Sj6VGdFmaLFn