Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
2/7/11 5:26 p.m.

I know M030 is the super-awesome optional suspension, but I've found a 8V 944 (which are all pre-030) with the M456 uspension option. According to my Google-fu, that means non-adjustable Koni's, a hollow FSB and a solid RSB (very few NA 944's had RSB's). Other than that, I can't find a darn thing out about them. Are the shocks any good? Will they still be alive 25 years later? Any other upgrades involved with it that Porsche didn't mention?

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
2/7/11 6:16 p.m.

I don't usually trust 25 year old shocks. Koni should be able to rebuild them for you. Though adjustable Konis would probably be the route I would go.

dsycks
dsycks Reader
2/7/11 6:18 p.m.

If you know what you want or can at least get enough information to get a good guess, Koni should be able to build your shocks to suit your needs. Why adjust when you can just get it right the first time. ;)

pigeon
pigeon Dork
2/7/11 6:53 p.m.

The front "adjustable" Koni struts on my M474 suspended 951 seem just fine after 25 years and a completely unknown # of miles. The DPO had the rears replaced with whatever was cheap. I say "adjustable" because the M474 front struts have to be removed and the piston compressed all the way and turned to adjust. I have a used set of proper adjustable Konis on the way and can give a truer read when I swap them in, likely a couple weeks from now.

Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
2/7/11 11:37 p.m.

Maroon, don't you work for a Porsche parts house?

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
2/8/11 12:00 a.m.
Javelin wrote: Maroon, don't you work for a Porsche parts house?

You could call it that.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5kTSseLK9wPtl7wyLQDxegVAfHe7j6JysFIub4tuMdHSSSLOutsgFEZkxz00BEhd