1 2
Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam UltraDork
7/10/12 8:22 a.m.

It definitely wasn't last night when I attempted to weld a Tri-Clamp fitting onto an existing hot water pipe. Ended up with a huge glob of filler rod everywhere, a not-so-sanitary sanitary weld, and it leaked. Wonderful

But at work, I made a chemical barrel opener. The barrels have these special caps that they want you to buy a $45 tool to open, and my company is too cheap to. So instead of using a screwdriver and a hammer and destroying my knuckles, I used a piece of scrap square stock and a piece of flat stock, and it works like a charm.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
7/10/12 8:27 a.m.
Twin_Cam wrote: But at work, I made a chemical barrel opener. The barrels have these special caps that they want you to buy a $45 tool to open, and my company is too cheap to. So instead of using a screwdriver and a hammer and destroying my knuckles, I used a piece of scrap square stock and a piece of flat stock, and it works like a charm.

That is very GRM

oldtin
oldtin SuperDork
7/10/12 9:35 p.m.

A little more header progress:

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
7/10/12 10:00 p.m.

nice work

novaderrik
novaderrik SuperDork
7/10/12 10:50 p.m.
Twin_Cam wrote: It definitely wasn't last night when I attempted to weld a Tri-Clamp fitting onto an existing hot water pipe. Ended up with a huge glob of filler rod everywhere, a not-so-sanitary sanitary weld, and it leaked. Wonderful But at work, I made a chemical barrel opener. The barrels have these special caps that they want you to buy a $45 tool to open, and my company is too cheap to. So instead of using a screwdriver and a hammer and destroying my knuckles, I used a piece of scrap square stock and a piece of flat stock, and it works like a charm.

i just use 2 screwdrivers on those.. one stuck upright by one of the nubs, and the other across that one to the opposite nub..

pimpm3
pimpm3 Reader
7/10/12 11:28 p.m.

Great looking stuff everyone. I am not at the point where I would attempt headers yet...

Not really useful but fun never the less. I made a similar one of these about 5 years ago and it served me well until my mother and law bumped into it with her car and bent the frame. I will repair it after I finish this one.

Not sure about the seat placement... I made this thing out of $20.00 of pipe conduit and a bike I found in the trash... Thats grass roots style if I ever saw it. The only part off of the bike I used was the end piece the wheel fits into, and the bearings and races. Well and the tires and crank obviously. The frame is entirely made from scratch.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aI1AiSA5DB6Bxd7fmhmqDsb4rueZnZ2D8JohaIbCpGfQzhTE1603gcyaHK6j285y