tdisalvo
tdisalvo New Reader
11/11/14 5:59 p.m.

Good evening. I'm considering buying a car in the Detroit area and may need someone to conduct a PPI for me. I recall there are a ton of GRM'ers in the City and surrounding burbs. I would happily compensate someone to conduct an eyes-on inspection, but would also consider sending the car to a reliable independent shop as a second option.

There are three cars currently in consideration, one each in Warren, Bloomfield Hills & Lake Orion. If you're near any of those locations and are interested, please reply here or feel free to e-mail me, tom.disalvo (at) gmail.

FYI, the car(s) in question are all Pontiac G8 GT's. Not too exotic but there are a lack of reasonably-priced GT's in the Milwaukee area. If any of the options work out, this would be a fly & drive for me. Schedule is tentative, I'd like to get it done soon but hunting season is coming up.

Finally, a shout-out to Tom_Spangler. I don't know Tom but I've lusted after his 2005 GTO listed in Open Classifieds. If I could live with two doors, we'd already have a deal. Two little boys in booster seats (and certain wrath from SWMBO) are regrettable disincentives.

Thanks much!

TOM

G8MikeGXP
G8MikeGXP New Reader
11/11/14 7:05 p.m.

I can probably help you out. I'm in between Warren and Lake Orion. I'll fire you an email.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler SuperDork
11/11/14 7:54 p.m.

Thanks for the shout-out. The GTO's rear seat is actually very comfortable, even for my tall teenagers, but the access sucks, there's no two ways about it. The G8 is a fantastic car, but they were out of my price range when I was looking.

Those areas are a bit out of my way, but I'm willing to help if nobody else can.

tdisalvo
tdisalvo New Reader
11/11/14 9:59 p.m.

Mike, thanks much. Got your e-mail and I will get back to you. As a current G8 owner your opinion will mean a lot to me.

Tom, I can't believe it hasn't sold yet. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks, TOM

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
H1SlHI17V11i7N6n9bqRXjEMq4MINiLbxu7d52CvTjD4gztroY2MoRJ10p6Ta3MV