1 2 3
preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) SuperDork
6/8/23 12:21 a.m.

These two are special to me so they get their own post and a very strong desire from me to have them follow me home:

wow, just wow!

preach (dudeist priest)
6/8/23 12:54 a.m.

I have a ton more from today and then the well may run dry for a bit. The parking lot where I am working has been a treasure trove. Sooo many Jimnys and Pajero Mini/Jrs. I don't know if you want to see all of them or not.

Additionally, do you all have any interest in seeing how rough it is here in Guam or the devastation that the Super Typhoon that recently hit is?

A couple weeks ago a named Super Typhoon hit the island hard, fortunately no deaths but it sure took it in the face. The eye was bigger than the island and it went directly over it. It hit as a Category 5 with 160+ mph sustained winds and moved at a leisurely 8mph over the island. I was supposed to be here at that time but, fortunately, my trip got pushed to the right and we missed it.

In the mid to late '90s I lived on a little island in the Caribbean named Vieques for 4 years. I went through a Cat 4 Hurricane and it was impressive. Mother Nature can be a raging bitch sometimes. I called normal life on the island 2 and 1/2 World. Close to Third World. After that storm we did not have running water for 2 weeks, flushing the toilet with roof run off from the rains.

This is about what Guam is like right now. Hotel rooms and rental cars are scarce right now due to all the people from FEMA and other entities. Electricity is at about 40% recovered and water is mandated low use, I could not even get a bowl of real Ramen this week because of the restrictions on water use (I know, First World Problems).

Even without the devastation Guam, while beautiful, is pretty run down.

As far as the cars go, there are a ton of JDM stuff here probably due to the proximity to Japan and the amount of military folk that love their JDM Heroes. Most of the cars here are pretty generic. But so. many. nuggets! And not all JDM, for example the Bronco II I posted earlier and the Mercury Maurader you will soon see. In my opinion a Pajero or Jimny would be my ideal car if I lived here, as even the paved roads kinda suck.

There is also a ton of complete E36 M3 cars all over the place just abandoned. Same with a lot of the buildings.

Anyway, let me know if you all want non-car pics too.

I will carry on with a pic dump in a bit. Day 2 is far from over.

preach (dudeist priest)
6/8/23 1:09 a.m.

Oh and if you know the car tell this German car lover what they are. I know Crowns, Pajeros, Jimnys, and some of the other ones but, damn, some of these are so new to me.

preach (dudeist priest)
6/8/23 3:07 a.m.

Because I can only drive 35!

preach (dudeist priest)
6/8/23 3:11 a.m.

Back to the parking lot...FIRE!!!

preach (dudeist priest)
6/8/23 3:15 a.m.

Clean up crew was there too:

preach (dudeist priest)
6/8/23 3:26 a.m.

Back to the fun:

Caught this guy leaving and he let me take some pics of his JDM Impreza hatch. Loved that I was doing a thing on the cars of Guam.

But suddenly, out of nowhere....SUPER TURBO!!!! HONK!

Aussie duo on YouTube Mighty Car Mods did a build on a Super Turbo. Small engine but supercharged and turbocharged. Makes a honk sound to expel boost haha.

preach (dudeist priest)
6/8/23 3:31 a.m.

South Pacific has badass rare Panthers!!!

preach (dudeist priest)
6/8/23 3:35 a.m.

My wife sent me a pic of my ladies a couple days ago:

And this next couple of pics reminded me of that one:

preach (dudeist priest)
6/8/23 3:39 a.m.

Googly eyed oddball:

preach (dudeist priest)
6/8/23 3:42 a.m.

Surf's up brah!

preach (dudeist priest)
6/8/23 3:46 a.m.

Off-road anyone?

preach (dudeist priest)
6/8/23 3:48 a.m.

Day 2 is done:

preach (dudeist priest)
6/8/23 3:54 a.m.

I apologize for spamming my own thread...

I swear I'm not a canoe.

preach (dudeist priest)
6/8/23 5:07 a.m.

The end of day 2, but oddly it is the end of you alls tomorrow sorta.

DrMikeCSI
DrMikeCSI Reader
6/8/23 5:24 a.m.

Great pics, so many interesting cars. I didn't even know there was more than 1 kind of Spam. 

preach (dudeist priest)
6/8/23 5:31 a.m.

In reply to DrMikeCSI :

Look up the history of Spam. Pretty sure after WW2 the pacific islanders fell in love with it as it was possibly their only "meat" provision as introduced to them from Americans.

There are WAY more flavors than that as well. Hawaii has a ton more that I have seen. In fact, Spam is served at McDonalds for breakfast with scoops of rice and mayo pasta salad. Spam Musabi is a snack as well.

Noddaz
Noddaz PowerDork
6/8/23 7:48 a.m.

Thank you for that interesting little trip to Guam!  The badging on those cars is interesting.  

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
6/8/23 7:59 a.m.

In reply to preach (dudeist priest) :

Damn that's a lot of Spam.  Was there anything else in the store? 

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
6/8/23 8:52 a.m.

Love all the pics!

That Pajero Mini is awesome and I never knew it existed. Also that ST205 GTFour, wonder what cars go for down there?

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Dork
6/8/23 10:51 a.m.

LOVE THE PICS!

Weird question - Ive been looking at pics of JDM Land Cruisers recently, and noticed, much like the jimney and pajero posted - there's a horizontal bar going across the rear side windows - WHY?

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
6/8/23 12:07 p.m.

I'm so confused by these Hi-Jets o the road, the ones we had at work did maybe 15mph down a hill.

Old_Town
Old_Town Reader
6/8/23 12:50 p.m.

Awesome pics! The USS Emory Land sub tender in the background is a semi-rare bird as well... 

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
6/8/23 2:19 p.m.
preach (dudeist priest) said:

I apologize for spamming my own thread...

I swear I'm not a canoe.

I can smell the heart disease from here.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/8/23 3:03 p.m.

In reply to 84FSP :

I'm getting really hungry!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RqSpkFYh452K7nVAxhtpIxbXMAPC104rC8bHKReFhsUeeWqS0DMoISKCdP5ekiDI