1 2 3
DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UberDork
11/21/17 8:32 p.m.
John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
11/21/17 8:38 p.m.

That is exceptionally bad. 

Given the clue words in the link I expected something more "Corvette Summer” inspired. I did not see this coming.  

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
11/21/17 8:43 p.m.

Isnt that about the same price as a nice c5 z06? Does anyone on earth actually want one of these? I mean, lets say that the drivetrain in this is worth $3000 (no idea, just throwing a number out there) do think there would be anybody willing to pay $3001 for this monstrosity?  I think if he gets it sold grm should interview the buyer. I have so many questions.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
11/21/17 8:44 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

No one expects the Caballista Corvette.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
11/21/17 8:48 p.m.

It may be ugly but at least it’s slow.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle Dork
11/21/17 8:53 p.m.

Its like its begging to be put out of its misery:

"Pleeeease kill me!"

Floating Doc
Floating Doc Reader
11/21/17 9:00 p.m.

Nothing wrong with it that you couldn't fix with a sawsall and a dumpster. Make a nice vetcart. Just need to lower the price to, oh, maybe $2000. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
11/21/17 9:07 p.m.

I <3 that. 

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
11/21/17 9:08 p.m.

The only thing I can think of that is worse than this, is the .... umm.... individual.. that thought it was a good idea to bring it into being.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
11/21/17 9:10 p.m.

This thing needs a pro-touring build so badly. It's a beautiful (albeit expensive) opportunity to piss off the Corvette community. laugh

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
11/21/17 9:12 p.m.

I just remembered, im going to be in michigan with an empty trailer this weekend. Let me know if anybody needs me to haul this baby for them. Ill do it for free. It will be worth it to see your wifes reaction when i unload that piece of E36 M3 in your yard.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette SuperDork
11/21/17 9:13 p.m.

Ahhh, Pure Michigan.

Kreb
Kreb UltraDork
11/21/17 9:14 p.m.

I like it in a Gaudi/Picasso-esque way. Break it out on Halloween each year and put on your 1970s pimp outfit. Cue the Bee Gees!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
11/21/17 9:21 p.m.
gearheadmb said:

I just remembered, im going to be in michigan with an empty trailer this weekend. Let me know if anybody needs me to haul this baby for them. Ill do it for free. It will be worth it to see your wifes reaction when i unload that piece of E36 M3 in your yard.

I’m going to be up there too but I’m leaving my trailer home on purpose 

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
11/21/17 9:33 p.m.

The Cadillac XLR is a C6 done Cadillac style. This thing was ahead of its time as a C3 done 1976 Cadillac style with the Cadillac Seville/Eldorado inspired grill and roof line. 

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
11/21/17 9:47 p.m.

I'm thinking the only angle that thing looks halfway decent from is directly below.

WildScotsRacingCampbellCougarSeed
WildScotsRacingCampbellCougarSeed Dork
11/21/17 10:06 p.m.

Corvetta DeVil

The0retical
The0retical SuperDork
11/21/17 10:13 p.m.

It looks like a reverse mullet. 

Party in the front, business in the back. 

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
11/21/17 10:19 p.m.

I feel like I first need to ask what the deal is with the World War 2 Pillbox-style rear end of the cabin (like it should have a .50cal machine gun sticking out the back). I find that part to be the most distateful, like they did a bunch of work to make the swoopy door profiles and then were like "damn, I'm tired. Let's just make the back of the cabin a box."

After making fun of that and many other things, then I'd honestly have to say something about being impressed that someone had this vision (albeit a strange and ugly vision) and then actually did it in what looks like a not-totally-halfassed-manner. But I'm not sure if that statement is just out of pity, or out of actual misplaced admiration.

Or it could be that I thought that those vettes were pretty ugly to start with, and I know this thing greatly pisses off vette owners, so it makes me smile.....

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
11/21/17 10:20 p.m.

I always try and find the good in things like this.   I think I am stumped this time. 

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
11/21/17 10:34 p.m.

Where exactly would one find Stainless Steel brake CALIPERS?

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
11/21/17 11:00 p.m.

This is what Superfly was driving in 1977.  smiley

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
11/21/17 11:40 p.m.

I'd own it. Just not for 20 large.

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Dork
11/21/17 11:57 p.m.

Shark brake calipers are cast iron and really prone to corrosion thanks to an odd split design. The piston seals dry out, especially on seldom-driven cars, and the piston bores corrode, pit and are ruined. The remedy is calipers with stainless-sleeved bores. You’ll see the update mentioned frequently all in for-sale ads. 

02Pilot
02Pilot Dork
11/22/17 4:22 a.m.

I find it entirely appropriate that he used the word "splendidly" in the description.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rUfFQ3SaRYAXv01cG6vKGIMVF6XsUZJsMkMiDX5S7KWrFC63Se8Lqg1MDpDNCV0Z