Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Associate Editor
7/11/12 8:46 a.m.

A friend of mine flew down from Chicago to buy our turbo Mazda. He's previously owned an MX-3 and an RX-8, but this is his first torquetastic boosted car.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/project-cars/2008-mazda-mazdaspeed3/passing-keys/

Duke
Duke PowerDork
7/11/12 10:05 a.m.

You have no idea how much I wanted to buy that car for my autocrossing daughter.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UltraDork
7/11/12 10:14 a.m.

keep 'em coming Alan

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
7/11/12 10:28 a.m.

Great car, excellent choice in parts, just a HORRIBLE color. (seriously. True red is one of the most offensive reds I've ever seen. YMMV). Glad it found a home with another Mazda fan.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve UltimaDork
7/11/12 12:16 p.m.

I could blame my son for me not being able to purchase this awesome car, but come on. Look at that face!

dculberson
dculberson Dork
7/11/12 12:34 p.m.

Awww, he looks disappointed in you for not buying the car.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
7/11/12 12:53 p.m.

Here's my son, in my speed3. You shoulda bought it lol.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
7/11/12 1:43 p.m.

This is worse than seeing ex-girlfriends get married on Facebook.

jg

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
7/11/12 2:16 p.m.

Meh, just laugh when you're cruising by the gas station while that beast sucks down premium at 4 bucks a gallon. (filling the car isn't cheap either)

jstein77
jstein77 Dork
7/11/12 2:22 p.m.

I don't know - somehow for me that would be no consolation.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
7/11/12 2:35 p.m.

It's a bummer, but it's also an occupational hazard. At some point, we have to move on and find the next thing to write about. I'll miss the Volt whenI turn it in and go shopping for a Z4 Coupe.

jg

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
7/11/12 2:42 p.m.

Yup, them's the breaks. As much as I abhor hybrids, the whole NEVER USE GAS thing intrigues me about the Volt. And contrary to popular opinion, I think it looks kinda cool in a "Back to the Future" sort of way. Granted, the ms3 checks pretty much all the boxes I could ever hope for.... but there's always room for something different.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TXArXEYsc250cYhDagVm3XFan4XWHcm25ttEdyzE94kVKuJ43IeNZOsAnJJhBI30