1 2
VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic HalfDork
11/14/22 12:49 a.m.

This showed up on my windows welcome/login page the other day. It would make a great hill clime course or at least a good James Bond chase location. smiley Maloja Pass, Switzerland:

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
11/14/22 1:01 a.m.

Lots of tight stuff and elevation, then a monster highway run showing top speed before doing it again. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
11/14/22 5:56 p.m.
AxeHealey said:

I've always thought the Brecksville reservation would be a great option for an event like Schenley Park. No impact whatsoever on local traffic, really fun road, etc. Would probably need a hay bale chicane or two to slow speeds down on the straight-er sections. 

Edit: If Grassroots wants to try this out, I hereby offer to be the event chair... Just sayin.

I held an Ohio Rotaries meet there one year at the picnic area on that loop, and the directions I gave were the long way around from Route 303 for lots of hills and curves and stuff.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
11/14/22 8:16 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I take that as you agreeing to be my co-chair. 

Come on GRM! Rotary power can be featured race!

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
11/14/22 8:22 p.m.
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) said:

The infamous Car and Driver test loop is just to the southwest of me:

Real close to my house. I drive it all the time in the Miata. Lots of fun !

itsarebuild
itsarebuild Dork
11/14/22 9:54 p.m.

Luddite question. How are you drawing these maps? 

I have always thought a great loop would be starting at the southbouth entrance ramp to Georgia 400 from Lenox road, proceed down 400 to I85 south, take the I75 north exit to northside drive and go left, cross I75 and take the I75 south entrance ramp. Go south on I75 then take the I85 north ramp, then the Georgia 400 ramp back up to Lenox road and repeat. Lots of elevation changes, 2 270 degree loops, lots of lane width changes and a section each way under a building.

in Atlanta by the way...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DguFZHX8uOKHAor8z0zktkXEHnU0Q6Rh5N0UjsOw1sdJD0nGu515zO4Ukx9nyCf5