1 2
racerfink
racerfink New Reader
12/5/08 12:22 a.m.

Hmmm... A 2500 series Ram (with most likely a tow package/ locking diff) pulling all that impresses you? That C1500 is a base model, without a locking diff, and it's on gravel to boot.

Years ago, a friend of mine helped pull a semi-truck whose back wheels of the trailer had gone over an embankment. With 5,000gals. of sludge in the tanker, the Peterbuilt couldn't do it on it's own. My friends truck at the time? A 1978 Chevy K1500 step-side shortbed with a 305. If you have a driver who knows what he's doing, it sure helps...

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair Dork
12/5/08 7:55 a.m.
racerfink wrote: Hmmm... A 2500 series Ram (with most likely a tow package/ locking diff) pulling all that impresses you? That C1500 is a base model, without a locking diff, and it's on gravel to boot. Years ago, a friend of mine helped pull a semi-truck whose back wheels of the trailer had gone over an embankment. With 5,000gals. of sludge in the tanker, the Peterbuilt couldn't do it on it's own. My friends truck at the time? A 1978 Chevy K1500 step-side shortbed with a 305. If you have a driver who knows what he's doing, it sure helps...

back when i was a gym rat, my buddy went for a max bench of 450# but he couldn't quite get it, so i helped him. does that mean that i can curl 450# with my two index fingers?

key word is "helped". help runs anywhere from 0 to 50% -- above 50% and the other guy has become the helper. in both our examples, i'm guessing our help was closer to the 0 than the 50. physics > hype.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vfjUWGMBL8AKeCn9zbyfiKdec4G8yJb1zEysS2yvYQC94dlmIFwioHZ8CfOucdzt