MrSmokey
MrSmokey New Reader
1/17/19 2:49 p.m.

My sister has a 2014 vw Jetta se 1.8l vin 1 -what else do you need?

Anyways the high beams quit working a while back. So I just thought that the dimmer switch was bad.. well I went pricing and I was finding the correct switch for just over $500. Not really willing to spend that money without knowing that the switch is really the problem plus looks like I’ve got to pull the steering wheel just to get the thing. What am I missing? The light bulbs look good. Not really sure where to look next 

ges I’m not the mechanic I thot I was indecision

boulder_dweeb
boulder_dweeb Reader
1/17/19 2:56 p.m.

Hey,

I would look for the relay that controls the highbeam circuit. Your local library probably has VW schematics or internet access to car repair databases.

There is (probably) several internet forums for this car. Those folks can help as well.

Good luck!

Rog

tjbell
tjbell HalfDork
1/17/19 3:02 p.m.

Go to golfmk6 - dot - com

you will find more info than you will ever need. and im not really sure the problem the turn signal stalk doesnt activate the highbeams?

Edit : now Halfdork woooo

spandak
spandak Reader
1/17/19 3:03 p.m.

Check fuses and confirm the bulbs are good by looking for voltage at the socket and checking the resistance of the bulb. Sometimes they blow and still look okay. From there check the relay and lastly the switch. 

Check the easy stuff first. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RaTRorEFzdkqPphCVmE46yNRb6l5Sy5Dd6jQ2TThZ64ayFB28PN7gGgCxvfgB2jD