_
_ Reader
2/3/19 9:57 p.m.

So I bought this. My melon measured 22” exact. Which is supposedly a small size. My motorcycle helmet is a large, granted, totally different brand. I wear eyeglasses so wanted a half face sa2015 rated helmet this time.  

Id like to know if anyone out there has this helmet, or at least a racequip. Do the sizes run small or large? I guess it’s not all bad, since most autocross runs aren’t more than a minute. As long as my head goes inside and I don’t pass out mid run. 

Dave M
Dave M Reader
2/4/19 6:58 a.m.

In reply to _ :

I have a full face helmet from them, it seems to fit true to size. No complaints.

Olemiss540
Olemiss540 New Reader
2/4/19 8:41 a.m.

I have a medium size head and bought a medium size racequip helmet. Fits good enough, and have only passed out twice mid run. 

No idea of what it measures, the one on my neck I mean. 

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
2/4/19 9:23 a.m.

In reply to _ :

You may want to check out the size chart that RaceQuip has listed on their website:

RaceQuip size chart

Either that, or give them a call--- they are great folks to deal with. 

1-813-642-6644

_
_ Reader
2/4/19 10:18 a.m.

In reply to Joe Gearin :

Thanks joe. I went off that chart to order mine. I’ve just known some companies to “run and little smaller or larger”. Wanted to see what the case is with these. Thanks everyone for the help. 

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project Reader
2/4/19 10:30 a.m.

In reply to _ :

I use an OF15 for autocross, I used their size chart and it seems to be right on. I will say the helmet itself feels like it has a lot of "top" to it, like there is a crapload of padding in the top that makes it sit taller than other helmets I've worn. I'm sure for most people it's not an issue, but in my full-interior RX7 my helmet is always pressing against the headliner.

_
_ Reader
2/4/19 1:19 p.m.

I did read that the helmet makes you look like Marvin Martian, but I’m pretty sure every helmet does that. The full face ones just mask it better. 

OldGray320i
OldGray320i Dork
2/4/19 2:27 p.m.

Seems to be there size wise, at least where the top of the helmet is concerned. 

Cheek pads feel a bit snug, but I don't notice it during a run.  Getting my sunglasses on is a bit of a challenge, but not insurmountable. 

For autocross, kind of a best value deal,  imo.  If I were doing track stuff I might try on a few more (I can't remember the other brand I tried on...), but it's more than fine for my purposes. 

_
_ Reader
2/4/19 5:24 p.m.

Also good to know. There are only two entry level priced half faces I found, the racequip and one other I’d never heard of. The quality of this helmet is definitely good, the reviews of that other brand that started with a “C” said it was crap quality. Everything else was well above what I paid for this. Even the same helmet, from store to store varied greatly. Amazon had the of15 for 120$. Free shipping. Pit stop and Jugs had the same helmet for 190$! 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
USFdslTC2hDZFVNPlk1522d2qY7Sb38vurJedrJct3GVlC8vFpTPc8MvuwgUNKm7