1 2
Keith
Keith SuperDork
2/3/10 3:26 p.m.

They were numbered, but not identified. Some enthusiasts have had plaques made with their names but that's aftermarket.

rachett454
rachett454
9/17/11 11:07 p.m.

hi i have a 95 m edition, which is what the 15 vin searches told me,the problem being is that it has all stock colors, black interior and montego blue exterior the confusing part and the questions i have are i thought that they didnt come in this combo for the m edition, all the vin searches say that its an m edition. the door sticker also says that its a model-spec which i assume stands for special/special edition.....maybe someone can help please rachett454@yahoo.com

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
9/18/11 6:26 a.m.

Reminds me of the time in the early 2000s that my son and I were at the Mazda dealership, looking at one of the Special Edition Miatas sitting on the showroom floor. The salesman ran on about how limited it was and that only top select dealers (them being one of course) received only one each to sell and no more, apparently to explain why there was such a mark up over the sticker price. After leaving the showroom we walked back to the rear lot just to see what else they had. There were three more of the extra special, very limited, one for each dealer only special edition Miatas sitting out back. Dealers, you gotta love them.

1966stang
1966stang New Reader
9/18/11 10:08 a.m.

Dealers do suck...although our local Mazda dealer ain't that bad...

I've come to enjoy the NB Miata so much that I almost don't want an NA anymore... heresy I know but...I like the NB.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim SuperDork
9/18/11 11:37 a.m.

In reply to rachett454:

It's the wrong colour for a '95 M-Edition, the '94 one was montego blue, the '95 is Merlot Mica (actually my favourite M-Edition colour-wise). As usual, Miata.net has the answers: http://www.miata.net/faq/mfield.html

The fact that it doesn't have the leather interior would also suggest that it's not an m-edition. Of course that doesn't stop tons of people from selling any sort of Miata as an M-Edition and I wouldn't trust the VIN searches either, given how easy it is to identify the real thing.

Travis_K
Travis_K SuperDork
9/18/11 6:31 p.m.

I like the yellow ones, just because I think it is the best looking color for one, its certainly far better than the pinkish red with peeling clear coat that most of the early miatas you see now look like.

fastmiata
fastmiata HalfDork
9/18/11 8:09 p.m.

In reply to dankspeed:

My very first miata was a '94 LGB R package that I leased from Mazda. I was planning on keeping it but its value dropped below the residual so I turned it in after 3 years. I had to park it for a few months to keep from going over the mileage limit(I drove a modified RX-7 GSL-SE as its replacement) I then owned 13 other miata ending last year when I bought the Lotus Elise. I never thought about the rarity of the R until years later when we got deeper into the miata world. My wife has an original Sunburst on her side of the garage.

Rogue
Rogue New Reader
9/20/11 12:45 p.m.

Almost all mine are SE/LE/M. I didn't plan that, it just happened. My first was a '91 BRG, but I let it go. I now have two 93LE's, a '92BnT, and a '95M. also have a early '90 hidden away.

OTOH, I'm with Keith. If you want it, build it! ;)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5aHJnCl49bSbPPZCXb6xqbKiBarWde7MW1cP40HdYcIMQ2aRbMJJqmKtu0XdfvAx