1 2
Snrub
Snrub HalfDork
9/13/20 4:19 p.m.

It is a handsome car. I like that they're going against the bigger grill trend. They also tuck the nose down, which I think looks better. They've done similar in the current Escape and it looks a bit better.

Euro tow ratings are different, but 3900lbs is impressive.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
9/13/20 5:25 p.m.
barefootskater said:

Almost enough to make me want to move to Europe. Almost

If I lived in Europe or England and had the money to afford a new Focus ST, there are all manner of awesome cars I'd rather have.  205 GTI.  106 Rallye, the manic 1.3l version.  And even some cars that aren't French.

IIRC Foci are roughly double what they cost in the US, no?  I recall a friend in England spending the equivalent of $40k for a low spec model.  

rodknock
rodknock Reader
9/13/20 7:42 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
barefootskater said:

Almost enough to make me want to move to Europe. Almost

If I lived in Europe or England and had the money to afford a new Focus ST, there are all manner of awesome cars I'd rather have.  205 GTI.  106 Rallye, the manic 1.3l version.  And even some cars that aren't French.

IIRC Foci are roughly double what they cost in the US, no?  I recall a friend in England spending the equivalent of $40k for a low spec model.  

Yeah the ST is about $40k for a base model. I always found the discrepancy between US and UK new car pricing kinda weird because used cars are so much cheaper over there. 

mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/14/20 8:53 a.m.
dxman92 said:

Dear Ford, it is okay to sell wagons in the states. Subaru sells a butt load of them every year called the Outback!

how does Subaru get away with that? I see more suby wagons than sedans.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
9/14/20 9:23 a.m.
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) said:
dxman92 said:

Dear Ford, it is okay to sell wagons in the states. Subaru sells a butt load of them every year called the Outback!

how does Subaru get away with that? I see more suby wagons than sedans.

Same reason Volvo does.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iB05QQ3CrPDzZJ70ZqfuEnka0G8zVlFadAxlm94MO5ODMyOSnGicyUI1YZsXV0qf