prima
prima New Reader
7/13/08 8:55 p.m.

Finally got to auto-x the new Bridgestone RE 760s I had mounted 1500 miles ago. 222/50-16 on 16X6.5 wheels on my 2000 Maxima GXE in GS. Course was short and fast on loose ashpalt. I run 44f/38r on tire pressure. Small but good, talented field at a double points event. Won GS both events and in the second event won Street Tire div on PAX. Tire felt good and responsive. Weather was cool but there was little time between runs, they never felt greasy or overworked. The Max can be hard on front tires but no roll over on the sidewalls. The only problem was by my final run the tire pressure was up 'bout 5 psi from where I started. The Bridgestone S-03s did the same thing, I guess I'll have to go back to checking tire pressure every other run. I mention it because the Kumho SPT I used did not seem to have the pressure jump up as much after each run. On the SPTs I would set the pressure at the start and not check them again until I dropped them down for the drive home. They are no RE 01Rs but it seems like the RE 760 will work out good on the very heavy Maxima.

TOZOVR
TOZOVR New Reader
7/13/08 9:26 p.m.

Interesting. Great post as I'm running the SPTs now and LOVE the grip but the big ol' SHO wails on the fronts.

RJ

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xyLQEmEyumoXKlUlmzYrBkOtBRNTWmaNNIbfrVCV6G5fYtHCFH4fH7GcJe7LwxHK