1 2
bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
1/19/11 2:28 p.m.
Strizzo wrote:
scardeal wrote: I agree. One thing I've always liked is the friendliness of this crowd. I was quite shocked that someone gave such a snide remark.
agreed. but even the most off the wall questions usually are preceeded by at least one google search...

How do you know he didn't already do a google search? He was asking for our opinion. That doesn't mean he didn't look into anything prior to asking.

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
1/19/11 3:07 p.m.

Back on--topic.........

Since the '07 Si's use the HFP suspension, standard OE replacement alternatives may not be a great idea.

It's more advisable to stay with Si OE replacements or upgrade to Koni's. Tokico Illumina's or KYB AGX's might be a lower cost choice, but the better performance value has a Koni sticker.

focusonthefocus
focusonthefocus New Reader
1/22/11 4:34 p.m.

For the record, I did use Google and found a plethora of Wiki links, Yahoo! Answers and various online stores. But I'll be damned if I simply Google something and purchase with the first, second or third link that pops up.

I'm sure every one of the members here value the same interaction of gearhead to gearhead, vendor and consumer, mentor and student. To berate an individual seeking more than a computer's algorithm for best matched search results simply implies a lack of deeper thought processes.

Thank you all for the information. There is a certain comfort one has knowing there are others who have used these vendors. The good news is that Honda is doing the work under warranty and I don't have to pay a dime. I'll be using the sites provided for future endeavors.

red5_02
red5_02 Reader
1/22/11 5:07 p.m.

So what did you buy?

red5_02
red5_02 Reader
1/22/11 5:20 p.m.
Datsun1500 wrote:
red5_02 wrote: Maybe this will help
That would have been a lot funnier if you made it google a read shock since that is what he asked about (looking at the title) I give a A for effort but a C for execution.....

You know I completely skipped over it? I'm not usually one to nit pick on spelling and grammar unless it's just unbearable to read.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
1/22/11 6:35 p.m.
Matt B wrote: I've heard the STR.T(whatev) is very similar to a sport on full soft. If that's true, I'd imagine they'd do quite well with stock springs, but probably only barely adequate for low-ish performance springs.

Nope--a bit softer. I run them on my 00 Civic sedan with Tein S-Tech springs. It's a pinch firmer than stock, but VERY supple and comfy.

Yellows on full soft with Neuspeed springs on my other Civic are a good deal firmer.

Bobzilla wrote: ^ See... I woulda said something like "That's what you get for buying a Honduh"... and then directed to something more helpful.

The stock Honda suspensions I've dealt with have lasted a ridiculously long time. Wife's old CR-V went 215k on the stock suspension and it still rode great.

00 Civic beater had 140k on stock suspension and it was still very tight/compliant. Ditto for a '92 hatch w/ around 120k before swapping to aftermarket.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4xKz8c7Swl0DhG7Rm8KxOiaf1ek8utHVru9S5ThVpHxGAt1InhYBfvvmMaau9KLe