1 2 3
Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Reader
10/15/15 4:12 p.m.

The guys at work have convinced me that my car isn't last minute enough/already too prepared and won't meet up to my normal crazy stories.

Insert their idea of a new "good" plan.

Find a different LS400 somewhere west of Texas, major city so I could fly in buy it and drive it to the Challenge. Take go fast parts off existing LS400 and send them to the challenge with someone. Wheels, nitrous, suspension if the budget allows.

Current issues arrive from dealing with people that have $1000 running cars and making them believe I would fly to their location to purchase their car. I don't really want to take the risk of them not being available or selling it to someone else after I book a flight.

DanielCut
DanielCut Reader
10/15/15 4:14 p.m.

Get a trailer and find one along the way? No flight involved.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Reader
10/15/15 4:24 p.m.
DanielCut wrote: Get a trailer and find one along the way? No flight involved.

Reasoning for the fly and drive. I'm trying to be involved in the most possible awards categories. Last minute, Longest drive, aristocrat... and it just isn't risky enough to be fun.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
10/15/15 4:35 p.m.

I will bring beer and tools. I am down for another all-nighter in the parking lot. Can I spray paint it?

There is no chance in hell that you will convince me to buy on Sunday.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/15/15 4:35 p.m.

How about Top Autocross, Top Drags, Top Concours, Under $1000, Spirit of the Event, Best Engineered...?

When did this stop being about building fast cars cheap?

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Reader
10/15/15 4:47 p.m.

In reply to SVreX:

This about building cheap cars fast.

dyintorace
dyintorace UberDork
10/15/15 4:51 p.m.

I live in Gainesville, as do a few other GRMers. Find one local (or semi-local) and we'll make the purchase happen! And pimpm3 is in JAX. I'm sure he'd help too.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Reader
10/15/15 4:51 p.m.
pimpm3 wrote: I will bring beer and tools. I am down for another all-nighter in the parking lot. Can I spray paint it? There is no chance in hell that you will convince me to buy on Sunday.

Depends on the condition of the paint. I'm pretty sure my cars make great lawn ornaments. Maybe I should pick up the Fiero on the way and bring you $1000. What all needs done to it?

dyintorace
dyintorace UberDork
10/15/15 4:53 p.m.

http://gainesville.craigslist.org/cto/5260367343.html

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5223976899.html

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/ctd/5236863769.html

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Reader
10/15/15 5:15 p.m.

In reply to dyintorace:

If that beat up one was $300 I'd consider it. I didn't even know red interior was an option. I've been really amazed at just how many sub $2000 LS400's there are and how much people destroy them.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
10/15/15 6:41 p.m.

How about you tow down your lexus since you already bought it. We can buy something ridiculous like this mk8 for $400.00 and enter both. That way you can bring the lexus and we can enter something last minute as well.

It runs on monday at carmax...

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
10/15/15 6:53 p.m.

I have a set of 15 inch Hoosiers, and some traction compound. With your nitrous that thing should make like eleventy billion horsepower.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Reader
10/15/15 6:54 p.m.
pimpm3 wrote: How about you tow down your lexus since you already bought it. We can buy something ridiculous like this mk8 for $400.00 and enter both. That way you can bring the lexus and we can enter something last minute as well. It runs on monday at carmax...

Not a bad idea, just find the cheapest car possible. Will there even be anyone else in the class this year? I only have up to a .071 nitrous jet.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
10/15/15 6:56 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman:

Sounds like the only way we can win. I have an extra race seat as well.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
10/15/15 6:58 p.m.

Is your buddy riding with you this year? We would need to get pos to Gainesville.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Reader
10/15/15 7:08 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3:

I don't think I have anyone riding along this year. Next week and a half I don't really need to be at work so it shouldn't be a problem finding time to transport the car. We basically just need the cheapest odd car that you can find.

But... LS400 it is so close and I found a ticket for $120.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
10/15/15 7:15 p.m.

That lincoln should be sub 500.00, is in jacksonville (easy transport). On top of that they are Rwd and make like 300hp. I think I have a set of volvo wheels we can mount my Hoosiers to that may fit.

I think John is bringing DJ infiniti again this year maybe we can convince him to drive it up.

Can we hold off on entering another car until Monday? When is the cutoff?

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Reader
10/15/15 7:19 p.m.
pimpm3 wrote: That lincoln should be sub 500.00, is in jacksonville (easy transport). On top of that they are Rwd and make like 300hp. I think I have a set of volvo wheels we can mount my Hoosiers to that may fit. I think John is bringing DJ infiniti again this year maybe we can convince him to drive it up. Can we hold off on entering another car until Monday? When is the cutoff?

That would be pretty rude if they didn't let us enter a car at the end when there is a last minute award. What kind of Hoosiers are they? I think my car will suffer from wheelspin during the drag racing portion.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
10/15/15 7:20 p.m.

It even has a clean carfax! Same owner past 13 years... not to mention that sweet ass leather bra.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
10/15/15 7:21 p.m.
Andy Neuman wrote:
pimpm3 wrote: That lincoln should be sub 500.00, is in jacksonville (easy transport). On top of that they are Rwd and make like 300hp. I think I have a set of volvo wheels we can mount my Hoosiers to that may fit. I think John is bringing DJ infiniti again this year maybe we can convince him to drive it up. Can we hold off on entering another car until Monday? When is the cutoff?
That would be pretty rude if they didn't let us enter a car at the end when there is a last minute award.

Hopefully Tommy or Rick will chime in.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
10/15/15 7:24 p.m.

DJ Finna-T (Jonathon) will be with me.
Count us in for any bad ideas you can come up with.

I am taking a two day approach so I can be in Jax Thursday noon to 3:00.

I have been trying to encourage someone into a Mark8 since the beginning of The Aristocrats idea.
Seems like an easy button to me.

Try to find one that has already swapped out the air ride for Springs

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Reader
10/15/15 7:24 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3:

Hopefully I can turn my extra banquet ticket into another entry.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
10/15/15 7:27 p.m.

How would John feel about piloting a truly elegant luxury coupe to Gainesville. We could snag some seafood before you depart.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
10/15/15 7:40 p.m.
pimpm3 wrote: How would John feel about piloting a truly elegant luxury coupe to Gainesville. We could snag some seafood before you depart.

This means I that before arriving we will have added two additional modes of transportation!
Sounds great.
I am already committed to bringing a motorcycle in the trunk of the Q45 so picking up another car sounds easy!

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
10/15/15 7:44 p.m.

Thank goodness it's beige
I wonder what the logic was that made the hood vents a good idea?
We can only wonder what mysteries lie beneath that front bra??

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7I8LCH4Bc55QNMdvstlGu4UnicCM3p8l0dFT9f2VE4MA4YMHCTUhWP5FkPFL3myM