BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim UberDork
8/24/12 8:34 p.m.

Besides this one, of course .

I'm signed up on bimmerforums and r3vlimited, plus I've got an e30tech signup pending (probably like everybody else, from what you hear on the Internet). Anywhere else I need to look?

Also, is there a good parts supplier for ix specific parts or is it just a matter of shopping around the usual suspects like Pelican, Turner etc?

oldtin
oldtin SuperDork
8/24/12 8:54 p.m.

m42club.com if it's relevant

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
8/24/12 9:16 p.m.

R3Vlimited if you aren't a sensitive little girl. Actually a lot of good info there......most ix parts are horrendously expensive new and used due to rarity, lots of new are NLA.

I LIKE BLUNTTECH.COM for parts, I still use him for my non-BMW stuff.

irish44j
irish44j SuperDork
8/24/12 10:42 p.m.

R3V is probably the best one in terms of the most information and the most activity. As long as you stay out of off-topic, it's reasonably "adult" in most sections (FAR moreso than the Subaru and Nissan forums I frequent). e30 drivers, even the young ones, seem to be a bit more mature, IDK...

e30 tech I"ve tried to register twice with two different emails (neither are "freemails") and still haven't been approved for either after months and several emails to the webmaster. There's some good info on there, but the place seems pretty slow compared to R3V.

M42club is good if you have an M42 car, but otherwise doesn't have anything you can't find on R3V.

irish44j
irish44j SuperDork
8/24/12 10:45 p.m.

There are tons of parts resources and I price-shop between them all. I'm not really a "loyal to one place" type. Blunttech is good but the site annoys me. Pelican has by far the best site and (IMO) best selection of parts, but it's west coast so shipping (usually free) takes a while. Bimmerworld has some good deals, but not as much selection online. And there are plenty of small vendors selling

In truth, though, your best parts resources are the local pick-and-pull yard (the ones here have a constant flow of new e30s) and the local e30 community. e30 guys seem to stockpile parts like no other community except maybe the Mustang/Camaro guys. And a lot of guys will sell used parts pretty cheap compared to, for instance, Subaru guys who always want top dollar :)

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
8/25/12 7:26 a.m.
irish44j wrote: Blunttech is good but the site annoys me.

Yeah, I don't even use his site. I just shoot him an email and tell him what I want and to send it my way.

irish44j
irish44j SuperDork
8/25/12 3:05 p.m.

yeah, my problem is I'm always wanting to order parts at 1 in the morning on a Sunday or some other wierd time, lol...

gunner
gunner Reader
8/26/12 8:53 p.m.

For parts I use autohausAZ in addition to pelican parts Autohaus is usually cheaper for real name brand parts than most other places plus spend over 50 bucks and shipping is free. pelican is 75 for that and bav auto is 150 (also bav auto doesnt give manufacturer info for most parts (I hate that).

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QAeFcrbE4z9N5KWWWRVYT7n41S2EWjbtWiAdsiVDJMIa0equP0qQcFjC0RNfhRuZ