Coldsnap
Coldsnap HalfDork
8/15/15 1:41 p.m.

Whats some places you used before and did a good job? Trying to be in the $350-500 range. Going only about 7 hours. Cant get a day off work to do it myself.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
8/15/15 2:32 p.m.

Try Four Season Auto Transport, 802-751-0900. They make two trips per week from St. Johnsbury Vermont to Fort Lauderdale with a three car trailer. They moved my CRX from Connecticut to Maryland.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
8/15/15 3:20 p.m.

I've used Reliable two different times. 1 car from AL to MN and 3 cars from MN to NC. I would recommend them, but I don't doubt you could find somebody cheaper. I used a guy to move my Mini from VA to AL who was otherwise heading that way with an empty trailer. He did a good job as well.

Coldsnap
Coldsnap HalfDork
8/15/15 3:25 p.m.

Cool called season auto transport. he seemed to think we could find someone for $375, initial quote was $400. Which is good because i called about five places and was getting $500+

Dude with a trailer would be best option. As it's for a small ass Fiat and only 7 hour drive. I'm sure there's tons of people out there who'd do it for $300. But just don't know anyone.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
8/15/15 7:58 p.m.

Top One LLC was the name of the company that delivered my Infiniti Q45 from Denver to Ohio for less than 50 cents per mile. 303.353.8364

Coldsnap
Coldsnap HalfDork
8/15/15 8:20 p.m.

I think I know how all these places run. Everyone of them posts a bulletin which truckers check, they quote you what they think trucker will pick it up at but you can always post lower on the board. Sorta cool.

bastomatic
bastomatic SuperDork
8/15/15 8:30 p.m.

I used uship.com, and then contacted the best bidder directly. They knocked another hundred bucks off the quote.

CarRamRod
CarRamRod New Reader
8/15/15 8:36 p.m.
Coldsnap wrote: I think I know how all these places run. Everyone of them posts a bulletin which truckers check, they quote you what they think trucker will pick it up at but you can always post lower on the board. Sorta cool.

This is basically what uship does. FWIW, when I had my S2k shipped from Cincinnati to Long Island, one of the larger shipping companies on uship put in the lowest bid and then subcontracted it out to another trucker. It took them weeks to subcontract it out which I wasn't happy with but the trucker was awesome. They picked it up in the morning and dropped it off later the same day (About a 12 hour drive without traffic). I was surprised it was just 2 guys with a Ram 3500 and an enclosed trailer. You can try contacting them and see what they would charge: PDRD Transportation (260) 760-1791. And some reviews of them on uship: http://www.uship.com/profile/PDRDtransportation/

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
8/15/15 9:04 p.m.

In reply to Coldsnap:

From where to where?

I am heading toward Raleigh in 2 weeks.

Coldsnap
Coldsnap HalfDork
8/15/15 9:07 p.m.
SVreX wrote: In reply to Coldsnap: From where to where? I am heading toward Raleigh in 2 weeks.

Louisville Kentucky, to Raleigh NC. It's about 7 hours north west of Raleigh. It's a small lil Fiat sitting at a dealership.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
8/16/15 7:49 a.m.

In reply to Coldsnap:

Can't help. That's the opposite way from which I am traveling.

szeis4cookie
szeis4cookie HalfDork
8/16/15 7:56 a.m.

I'd do it for gas and the plane ticket, but I don't think that would be less than the $375 you've been quoted.

Coldsnap
Coldsnap HalfDork
8/16/15 9:01 a.m.
SVreX wrote: In reply to Coldsnap: Can't help. That's the opposite way from which I am traveling.

No prob. Best of luck with the trip.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
u7ccnO2ExxeJilrqhgoCQqQgi45BuQTwYrm6Ch5ExdOGTUPMe6isl7rPtr4elGR8