1 2
jdoc90
jdoc90 New Reader
3/14/18 7:41 p.m.

The wonderful thing about having a grandpa who came straight fromItaly in 1913 is that i am Italian car proportioned from birth .I fit in all of them just fine and they feel natural to me lol You poor anglo and other genetic recipients . I picked up an  1987 alfa spider for pocket lint so I could use my dna to best effect .It seems to work incredibly well .The feel of the car , The sound , the response , are all as promised .I also owned an 88 milano .I would have married it if they let me :D viva La Italia ! 

snailmont5oh
snailmont5oh HalfDork
3/15/18 1:27 a.m.

In my first year of college (89), I had taken ROTC as a class (the idea was to do well and score a shcolarship, but my ass wasn't up to their standards).  The instructors were a Major and a Sergeant Major (I think).  Both of them were super cool, but the Sergeant Major was a car guy. Well, he got promoted while I was in his class. Apparently, his promotion came with a transfer, and he, for some reason, didn't want to take his rust free 306/4-barrel/4-speed Mustang Cobra II with him. He offered it to me for FOUR HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS. I was in college, and I didn't have $450, and I couldn't afford to insure it, so I had to turn him down. He must have really wanted me to have it, because he sold it to someone else for over a grand. 

That's not the only one, but it's one of the biggies. 

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
3/15/18 7:43 a.m.

Now I'm wondering how an "exotics vs something silly" showdown might look like. For example, how would a Ferrari 308 GT4 compare against a Neon SRT4 on track?

classicalgas
classicalgas New Reader
3/16/18 4:43 p.m.

I still regret not snagging the Iso Grifo I was offered (for $1500! ) after the owner got the bodywork estimate for a minor accident (over a grand, in 1979) I've owned some fun cars and bikes (Ducati's,  and Alfa, , an Alpine, four x1/9's and a Spitfire) and driven many more (I restored vintage cars and worked as a foreign car mechanic) A Morgan +8 probably tops my list of production car favorites I drove but didn't own, but Tom Carsten's  Stovebolt special beats them all on pure sensation and  sex appeal. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AxfEhb397I3vEEFkmkQ4pzH6Glt4Alq5DjyCoEA4ViCXWbm46vjbnejFsrwV6ojP