grover
grover HalfDork
9/12/18 2:53 p.m.

Sorry if this has been discussed recently, I searched and didn't find anything sooner than 2010.  

Is there a place that I can rent a trailer long enough to haul a longbed extended cab pickup? The last truck I hauled on a uhaul trailer ('73 single cab longbed f100) just barely fit with rear wheels on the very end.   

Is it possible to rent a trailer long enough for this, or will I need to buy something? I really don't haul often enough to own one, maybe only 3 times a year- and I don't want to store it.  

Would it make more sense to just rent a dolly and disconnect the driveshaft? 

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro Dork
9/12/18 2:56 p.m.

Probably an equipment rental place will have a trailer that will work. Hard part is having a tow vehicle that can handle the trailer.

Not all dollys can fit a full-size truck, so take measurements.

grover
grover HalfDork
9/12/18 3:15 p.m.

In reply to 81cpcamaro :

That’s a good point, my old one barely fit the odyssey. I’ll look at equipment rental places. I’ve got a diesel f250 so hopefully I should have enough truck. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
9/12/18 3:31 p.m.

Look at the places where you might rent a back hoe or a bobcat, etc.  

frenchyd
frenchyd SuperDork
9/12/18 3:41 p.m.

In reply to grover :

You got it. Put it up on a dolly and drop the driveshaft. 

Dropping a driveshaft is what, a 10 minute job?   Loading it on the dolly might take another 10 minutes.  The question is, what can you get that’s 20 minutes away?  

yupididit
yupididit UltraDork
9/12/18 8:53 p.m.

Places where you'd buy a trailer also have some to rent. 

grover
grover HalfDork
9/12/18 10:58 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

I did not know this. Thank you. 

yupididit
yupididit UltraDork
9/13/18 1:23 a.m.

In reply to grover :

When I bought mine they had a bunch that were renters. Could've bought one for almost the same price as new. 

Same with the other dealers I shopped around at.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SpXd1rwZeE9gs8HEXPyX3niG27kJrgrHbWZ9cbQKcR84IdRmlTPhmf0Ff8U91RhU